Price:£3.39+ Free shipping

on 17 April 2012
I think the manufacturers must have taken feedback into account, as I cannot recognise the present item in the 2010 review posted. The board itself is wooden, painted black with blackboard paint, and there is a thicker plain wood surround to hold it by, which is all robustly glued together. There is a red cord firmly embedded into one side of the frame to carry it with. It comes with a pack of chalks, and there is a mini eraser block with black felt glued to one side. It comes in a natty net bag which is quite generously sized so can be used to store it in after use (however please note that there is no drawstring to the bag). Size is approx 21cm by 16.5cm. It all seems very robust to me - I can exert full adult bending pressure with two hands with no signs of distress whatever - so I think a child would have to try extremely hard to damage it. The wooden surround is approx 3mm proud of the board on either side, and can flex a little, so I can put the board on a hard floor and stand on the middle of it with trainers and my full weight and it causes no damage. I think this is a really neat little item, and I am very pleased to be able to stock it, I hope you will be pleased with it too.
on 15 July 2010
This toy was bought for my 1 year old granddaughter to try using chalks for the first time. It looked just what I needed and seemed excellent value. On arrival it was nothing like the image I had seen, there was no carrying handle, the chalks were all white instead of coloured and the eraser was just a piece of sponge. When my daughter unwrapped it and tried to remove a large label from it, it was stuck so tightly it pulled off the black paper surface, making it unuseable. I complained to the company and they were very understanding and gave me a full refund.
on 17 June 2014
I purchased this product for my little toddler.

The size description on Amazon is a bit misleading. The usable portion of the blackboard is about the size of an A5 sheet (or half of an A4 sheet - like the ones you put in a printer at home)

The actual product is quite sturdy and the choice of multi coloured chalks provided was good. My toddler took to it immediately and had loads of fun, writing and erasing constantly.

The only not so good bit was that the eraser was a bit of sponge stuck on a wooden bit. But I cant complain too much given the fabulous price and fun quotient. I guess the eraser would be perfect size for a child's hands as well.

All in all - a Definite buy for playtime
on 21 March 2013
i bought this for my 4 year old,. it was very suitable for her ., the chalk has since finished but the board is very strong ,. overall i am happy with my purchase
on 4 September 2012
Value for money, though it didnt last long with my kids they managed to break the thing after just one week but then thats my kids
on 6 August 2012
It's small but does the job - great value. It only had white chalk, but that's OK. My little girl really likes it.
on 2 June 2014
It is perfect for what I needed it for. The eraser isn't great so would need to use a damp cloth.
on 4 March 2015
Please don't waste your money all be it £3 quid but this is the biggest waste of money Ever! So it comes I open it think right ok (not like the pic, no little thing to hang it up) I goes to take of the wrapper and the whole wooden border falls apart!! Making it useless
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 January 2014
but very reasonably priced and arrived on time. Perfect for parties with kids. The blackboard is a partially shiny laminate, not a matt one as I would have expected but other than that, did the job.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 November 2014
Great for the money, grandaughter loved it