Customer Discussions > Spirited Away [DVD] forum

Playback problems

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 25 Jul 2010 20:45:41 BDT
Has anyone else found that the subtitles go wrong or in random places it goes right back to the start?
I've had this with four different copies and can't seem to fix the problem. I've been dying to watch this for ages and it just won't work!

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Feb 2011 20:39:06 GMT
i have had that with my dvd, it doesnt play all the way through and just goes back to the beginning many times :(

Posted on 5 Mar 2011 17:35:43 GMT
Retro_WoN says:
Mine goes back to the start in places of the film too, but only when I use it on my pc - it plays completely fine on my portable DVD player - not sure what causes it :S

Posted on 18 Apr 2012 10:14:52 BDT
Jason Gray says:
I returned a copy as the subtitles would disappear at points. I've just received a second copy and it seems to do exactly the same thing. It must be a problem with how the player handles how this particular DVD has been made as we have not had problems with any other DVDs.
There were suggestions here ( http://forums.thedigitalfix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283683 ) that the region 2 disks seemed to do this on various players but that other regions seemed to work (assuming you have a multi-region player I guess). It's a shame that this issue hasn't been resolved as it has been about 7 years since the initial release.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Spirited Away [DVD] forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  25 Jul 2010
Latest post:  18 Apr 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions