Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > Halo 3 (Xbox 360) forum

Play.com a disgrace!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 3 Jan 2010 13:35:48 GMT
Just like to warn any prospective Play.com customers of the terrible service I have recieved from them. Their console broke two of my sons games at Xmas bought from Amazon. They then suggested I ring Amazon and tell them that the games were faulty and get replacements as they didn't want to replace them. They are now not prepared to replace the faulty console at all and have suggested directing my enquiries to Microsoft. I have never in my life experienced such terrible customer service as I have now recieved. Please save yourself and your childs heartache and steer clear of these cowboys. They're happy to take your money but thats it!!!

Posted on 6 Jan 2010 00:39:42 GMT
Fair enough but play.com didnt break the console in the 1st place. The manufacturer of the console should replace the damaged discs, thats got nothing to do with either play or amazon. I'm sure there are other ppl upset with play.com but a very small percentage. I've bought over 50 items from them in the past 2 years and never had an issue. I will continue to use them as they provide an awesome service.

Posted on 11 Jan 2010 16:36:12 GMT
N. Kennard says:
I have to agree with BigBaz, the issue is not with play.com but should be taken up with Microsoft, or if the games never worked at all, with Amazon as they are likely to have been faulty. Having used both Amazon and Play for many years I can say both have a fantastic service and I have never had any problems with either.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jan 2010 23:03:35 GMT
so your both saying the supplier of the product should be allowed to completely wash their hands of THEIR customers problem and its okay for them to suggest they try and defraud amazon?

tut tut boys - no wonder company's get away with poor customer service.

wonder if you both have ever had any contact with play.com customer service to justify your posts?

Posted on 12 Jan 2010 23:25:05 GMT
W. Atkinson says:
I can understand Play saying to contact Microsoft about the faulty XBox. Play didn't make the Xbox so shouldn't be responsible for its quality. Because would you want some customer service representative to try and fix your console or the actual manufacturer?
That being said, it was wrong for Play to then try and blame Amazon for something they would rather ignore. As the console damaged the games I would say Microsoft should be responsible again.
I buy on a regular basis from Amazon and Play (several items per week). I have found both to offer high service. I have contacted Amazon more and they have been very helpful each time. I know some folks have had issues with both. But people must remember that a company isn't going to bend over backwards for you and roll out the red carpet. Sometimes they are at fault, but not every time.

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jan 2010 20:48:07 GMT
L. Thomas says:
UNTIL YOU HAVE TO CONTACT PLAY.COM CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU WILL THINK THEY ARE GREAT.however when i contacted them i found them rude with a couldn,t care less attitude.

Posted on 25 Feb 2010 00:34:21 GMT
W. Noble says:
I'm with those saying it is not Play.com's problem I'm afraid. Faulty Xbox 360s have to be returned and repaired or replaced by Microsoft. This service is fast, free and efficient. Having Play.com get in the middle of it would only slow things down. This is just the way things work with games consoles. Possibly even other electronic products, I don't know.
I've not had to deal with customer services of Play, but their response on the console should not be held as a bad mark against them.

Posted on 25 Feb 2010 15:06:19 GMT
Actually its not mircosofts problem until the 12 month warrenty runs out. All brand new console must be replaced by the shop or retailer whether it be online or not. Game, gamestation and all the supermarkets would replace a brand new console if you brought it back within the 12 month warrenty with your receit and if it is later then 12 months you need to send it away to microsoft but somtimes it takes weeks and other times it takes a couple of days. I used to buy from play.com until one game i pre-ordered didnt arrive until a week after the release date. Thats a disgrace if you ask me. so now i have changed to game because you get the game a day early then the release date and you get points on your card which saves you money. All in all go game or amazon for online retailers and dont buy pre-owned xbox stuff fork out for an extra fiver or what not. In the end it will be worth it.

Posted on 28 Sep 2010 15:35:16 BDT
D. Porter says:
Point of fact the console probably damaged the discs because it was either knocked or placed on an unsuitable surface; vibrations in the machine and/or surface can cause the disc reader to 'jump' and cause scratching and marks on discs. The majority of retailers know about this issue with consoles and as such will often only replace the GAME and only when it's new.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Feb 2011 13:21:04 GMT
Could not agree more! I got scammed by a playtrader and Play.com don't even read my emails to customer service, just sent a default reply to contact the playtrader directly twice every single time. Its been 12 weeks now, I've tried contacting the playtrader dozens of times through play.com (so they *should* have a record). I've basically given up. I used to think play were good before I had to use their 'customer service'

If you don't avoid play.com at least avoid buying through any of their 'playtraders'

Posted on 17 Jul 2011 18:30:50 BDT
chris says:
@ Cardoso - Same problem i had with them during Christmas after contacting play.coms cs and the playtrader for 3 months i gave up losing £8. never used play since and never will.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Halo 3 (Xbox 360) forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  3 Jan 2010
Latest post:  17 Jul 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Halo 3 (Xbox 360)
Halo 3 (Xbox 360) by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
4.1 out of 5 stars (421)