on 10 June 2014
I've found this book to be full of great advice and information.
It's well laid out with clear explanations of how our bodies change with age and how to prevent common tennis injuries, fully supported by the professional knowledge and advice of a Physiotherapist.
The content is easy to understand with concise instruction and exercise plans (with photos) to do at home.
Exercise record tables are also included and left me no excuse for not keeping fit, healthy and free from injury in the more mature years and continue my tennis playing!
Just the job!
on 13 June 2014
I didn't realise how much I needed this book. Play Tennis Forever has got me exercising and already my balance is better! The exercises are simple and easy to follow and I can fit them into my day but just changing the way I do things. The background theory to exercise and ageing is clear and easily understood and inspires you to do the exercises.
The photos are very helpful and the treatment tables a very useful tool to help get back to fitness safely. I am sure with this book at my side I will be able to continue playing tennis forever!
on 22 June 2014
Play Tennis Forever definitely gets a ‘Plain English’ thumbs-up from me. So many sports books are full of patronizing jargon which seems to be there simply as an author ego-trip. Not this book, thank goodness. There are no mind-boggling diagrams of forces you don’t understand peppered with huge unpronounceable names of muscles that turn out to be completely irrelevant to the text. Instead, limited medical terminology is used only where necessary and, when it is, it’s clearly and simply explained adjacent to the relevant text.
The book is not a patronizing tome by some boffin from biomechanics academia who doesn’t know one end of a tennis racket from the other. Far from it. This lady is clearly an experienced tennis player as well as a physio . There is also no expectation that you’ll just drop everything and spend the rest of your life in the gym being gawped at by twenty-somethings just for having a few grey hairs. Instead, the ethos is that an easily achievable level of tinkering with your existing lifestyle can go a long way.
It’s aimed at the over 50s but if you’re a regular club-level tennis player that’s the wrong side of 40 it’s definitely worth a read. I’m a forty-something who’s just fought tennis elbow and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. If I’d only read this book last year I could have saved myself a whole lot of heartache.
Thoroughly recommend.
on 10 June 2014
I've found this book to be full of great advice and information.
Just the job!
on 15 June 2014
Play Tennis Forever is a great book. It is clear, concise and the exercises are simple and easy to follow. I found the introduction about how our bodies and muscles change with age very interesting and it made me understand the importance of strengthening key muscles and how this helps to prevent injury. I have already recommended the book to a number of my tennis playing friends, many of whom have suffered with the some of the common tennis injuries.

My husband is a cyclist and would like to know if there is a similar book for him!
on 17 August 2014
Great read! Some very easy exercises that can be done at home. Helped improve my tennis. Highly recommended!
on 22 June 2014
I have an older tennis mad friend and i bought this for her as a birthday gift - i couldn't resist dipping into it first and thought it was extrememly well written. The explanations were clear and helpful without being too full of medical jargon, and it was reassuring to know that the advice was coming from a professional. Might have to get another copy for myself!
on 8 February 2016
Bought as a present for a tennis mad brother in law.......my sister says he loves it and she is very truthful. She is also diplomatic but I liked what I read before I gave it to him and I think for the older player it has good advice .
on 18 August 2014
This book will be of enormous help to older tennis players . I particularly like how one can incorporate exercises into normal activities.
on 27 July 2014
Very useful and informative guide for tennis and other raquet sport participants.