I like many others first heard of The Outfield because of their hit song Your Love. that song was enough to compel me to purchase this album, and i was blown away. I was honestly expecting that song to be a one hit wonder, having all the other songs as fillers surrounding it but i could not have been more wrong. The album is pure 80's rock smacking you across the face. the unique vocals of Tony Lewis plus his harmonys with lead guitarist + song writer John Spinks is listening pleasure. below is how i rate each song, number 1 being the best.
1) Your Love - a classic from the first listen with an unforgettable chorus melody. oh and its about a love affair.
2) All the Love - i found myself listening to this song more than Your Love now. For me equally as good
3) Talk To Me - a rock song with a softer style. Pulled off brilliantly
4) Say It Isnt So - the first on the album, defining what The Outfield's musical style. Great rock anthem
5) Everytime You Cry - slow verses with a powerful chorus. The song at concerts that will cause lighters to sway in the air
6) Myster Man - Describing the life of an undercover agent. Your typical song structure but expertly applied.
7) I Dont Need Her - the song The Outfield love to perform live because they "love to rock". they certainly do in this track.
8) Nervous Alibi - the album's ballad. Tony's vocals really shine in this meaningful track that ends the album
9) Taking My Chances - John Spinks shares his cool lower vocals in this song with Tony. it works fine, but it isnt one of the best.
10) 61 Seconds - the melody never really captures me in this song, but i do find myself singing along to the chorus when it comes round
Hope this review helps you see this album is an essential purchase.