on 14 April 2015
This is a fantastic book. Beautifully photographed. Easy to follow. A fantastic introduction to a whole new world of flavours. My favourite recipes so far were the slow cooked ham and split peas and the peanut chicken. I am busy working my way through others. The other great thing about so many of these recipes is that a lot of them are naturally gluten free and dairy free, which is great for me and my family as we have a variety of allergies and intolerances to contend with. I would recommend this to anyone.
on 19 April 2015
I bought this book at an evening with the lovely Patti where I was lucky enough to taste some of her fabulous recipes first hand! I have since cooked my own versions at home... Not quite as good as hers, but still delicious!
The recipes are refreshingly different and take your taste buds on a tour of Ghana! They are easy to follow with mouth-wateringly colourful photos! Some of the ingredients are difficult to find on the high street but I found I could easily substitute them.
If you are looking for a different cook book of real soul food, then this is for you!
on 12 April 2015
I originally bought this book at one of Patti's Taster Evenings, after eating the very sublime three course meal she prepared. However, as soon as I saw how easy it was to recreate her recipes, I began using it nearly every night. I can't express enough how incredible the black-eye beans with smoked fish and bacon is; a favorite with us.
It was a very interesting read for each recipe, and I would recommend it wholeheartedly to anyone who is a novice at Ghanaian cooking - but also for those who are coeliac like me. Great book and lovely easy recipes. Definitely one to have in your collection.
on 20 April 2015
I bought this book a couple of years ago as I wanted to try something different. Worth every penny! So glad I did as as the book comes out every time I want to impress at a dinner party. The recepies are so easy to follow and the photography just makes your mouth water. Mmm, I might just try Gari Crusted seafood Cakes tonight followed by my all time favourite Tropcal Fruits and Peppercorn Syrup. Patti's food is just like her smile, do buy this book, you won't regret it. Enjoy!
on 16 April 2015
This cookbook is like no other. It's variation in the use of spices and easy to follow method makes cooking fun and exciting, especially if one has never tried cooking Ghanaian food. It is my go too cookbook if I want to try a fusion of Caribbean and West-African cuisine. Not to mention the superb taste and range of comfort food that one is spoilt for choice with.
on 5 May 2015
Well worth buying! Full of mouth watering ideas even for someone who knows and enjoys Ghanaian cuisine. Patti lays out her recipe in a way that its is also easy to try if Ghanaian food is new to you. My husband loves it!!! I am now looking forward to lay my hands on her second book "a date with Plantain" for even more inspiration. Happy eating!!
on 21 April 2015
Fantastic book with mouth watering, all inspiring pictures. Some lovely recipes using authentic Ghanaian ingredients, which are easy to follow. Have made some lovely dishes from this book, which have all turned out tasting as yummy as they look. Have recommended it to friends looking for something a little different.
on 1 April 2015
I love cooking and have my home packed with lots of great recipe books. I bought this to add to my collections but was so disappointed today with the quality of the book considering the price I paid for it. I've asked to return it as it won't last to be able to pass it on with the rather cheaply paper back. I'D be very happy to pay £6.99 but it might still not be worth that price cos I wasn't too keen on the recipes either.

If you asked me I'd say continue with all the Ghanaian recipes your mum has already thought you and even those you wouldn't find any of them here. there are lots of free websites with delicious Ghanaian food that do not disappoint and I'd be happy to share if asked.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 April 2015
A wonderful cookbook. If you are looking for something a bit different, then you must buy this book! Mouth watering dishes for you to try at home. Really inspirational cooking by a fabulous cook. Well worth the money.
on 10 August 2013
At last an easy to follow cookbook that is also full of exotic recipes that blew us away.

Being someone who is not necessarily an expert, what struck me the most was how easy it was to follow to gain a truly authentic dish. I particularly enjoyed introduction on spices that I'd never heard of or thought of using which made the entire experience i.e. cooking and eating that more special. And the best bit, I have only tried 2 dishes so far...look forward to trying out me of the others.