on 22 June 2014
I have thoroughly enjoyed all the Horse Whisper books and I like books in which several characters reappear in each one. Lovely stories about good people and a happy ending.
on 10 July 2015
I enjoyed this novel and will read more by this author. Her characters are engaging and well thought. The plot is not as strong as I would like. A bit too much romance.
on 17 June 2014
The place I belong, is another gentle read. I like ed the description of places and could visualize the barns and restaurants interiors and locations.
on 13 August 2015
Impossible to put down. Although slightly predictable, fantastic characters and a lovely story. Easy to read and a perfect escape book
on 1 May 2015
This book covers so many emotions and dilemmas and captures the relationships we all have with other humans and animals.
on 23 January 2015
A special horse for every person! Believe it or not, the idea makes for a very good basis for an excellent series.
on 4 September 2015
I have read all the Whisper Horse stories (4) and they are firm favourites in my keep forever library but I think I probably enjoyed this one best of all. Loved the three main characters from the first chapter. Also loved meeting up with everyone from the other three stories and particularly liked the inclusion of the 'foodie' bits, could almost taste the cheese, pate and chutney. Nancy Herkness has a devoted follower.
on 11 September 2015
For me it was a load of rubbish! The story might have been more interesting if there were not the constant references to the sexual attraction between the main characters and I found the pages of details of their sexual activity, completely over the top and absolutely unnecessary..
on 18 January 2015
I would love to live in a place like Sanctuary. great read
on 20 April 2016
This is a well written story with a great plot running through it of how humans need animals as much as animals need humans. A bit explicit in places which is why I have given it four starts but having said that I enjoyed reading this book.