Pitch Black blu-ray: Director's Cut?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 18 Feb 2009 13:57:49 GMT
Does anyone know which version of the film this is? I have only ever seen teh director's cut (imported from America) and I would love to get this but know it would feel a little lacking if it is missing those few extra 'character padding' scenes I am used to.

Posted on 6 Mar 2009 13:22:48 GMT
it's the theatrical I'm afraid!

Posted on 30 Mar 2009 10:08:51 BDT
Cheers for the info. If anyone is interested the US version that has just been released is the "Director's Cut" AND is region free so will happily play over here :-)

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Feb 2011 08:08:32 GMT
Last edited by the author on 22 Feb 2011 08:09:45 GMT
Mac Eachaidh says:
Thanks for the info Mr WJR! Much appreciated.

Puzzles me about so many of these movies on Blu-ray - there's plenty of room on the disc, so why don't they seamless-branch both versions of the film? I'm sure it'd be a selling point for a lot of people to have the choice of which version to watch.

(Or - thinking cynically - are the movie companies saving the dual-version disc for selling later, when they can get a double-dip second purchase out of people?)

Posted on 4 Mar 2012 05:39:07 GMT
dave00dance says:
agree blu-ray is the the premium buy so we should get all the bells and whistles

In reply to an earlier post on 10 May 2013 14:45:49 BDT
James Lloyd says:
could you provide a link in amazon to which title you say is directors cut please or do you mean that this Pitch Black [Blu-ray][Region Free] is the directors cut?

thanks again
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xab8f7eac)

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  18 Feb 2009
Latest post:  10 May 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Pitch Black [Blu-ray][Region Free]
Pitch Black [Blu-ray][Region Free] by Vin Diesel (Blu-ray - 2009)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (148)