Pinocchio And The Emperor Of The Night [DVD]
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
Frequently Bought Together
Made as a sequel to the 1940 Disney classic. Now Pinocchio is celebrating his first birthday as a real boy, but he is soon lured into temptation by a carnival owner who gets him into all sorts of mischief.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
A lot of this film treads on familiar ground as the Disney film. I think it was intended to be a sequal to the original story than an unoffical follow up to the Disney as many claim. Still worth watching.
So here it what you need to know about the dvd release:
- The soundtrack is bad and distorted, especially in terms of the treble. After some minutes, you'll get used to it, but seeing as some of the songs are quite good and some of the scenes makes rich use of sound effects, it's really a shame to hear it all sounding as if it has been transmitted with a bad AM reception.
- There are no subtitles or alternative language tracks despite the fact that the movie was, when it was released in 1987, translated to various European languages.
- The quality of the transfer is quite good. The colors are nicely reproduced and the image is steady. At times, there is a little grain and a few compression artifacts, but over all, it's a good release.
- For adults, the storyline is, at times, excruciatingly moralising. Keep this in mind before watching or re-watching this feature.
- For children, there are a few scenes which, I think, belong in a bizarre horror flick and not in a cartoon for kids, so keep this in mind before making this dvd their bedtime story.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Brilliant film!i used to watch it all the time with my children wen they were young,and now i wil be watching it with my grandson.Published on 30 Oct. 2013 by daffodill
I use to watch this when I was a child and I loved it so I had to buy it n watch it againPublished on 18 Sept. 2013 by Amazon Customer