on 27 June 2013
I'm genuinely interested in this area and reading around a lot and with a few positive reviews on amazon I gave this a go.

It's a shame amazon don't do reviews as this is only going to take you 30 minutes to read, it doesn't give any practical instruction, just an overview of different possible methods along with links back to the authors poorly made websites and blogs (oh and the youtube videos in the book are broken) - its just a salespitch in disguise where you are recommended to buy the authors brainwave mp3s - so I can't imagine this is the behavior of someone who actually has their third eye open.

Also, if you don't believe me and are still curious then just google the author's name and youll see her on "rip off report" for scamming $1000s off people for law of attraction coaching and helping people to develop the "millionaire mindset" - again, is this type of rubbish really the behavior of someone with their third eye open?

This book should be removed from amazon for being so poor quality and just a salespitch, I rarely ever review books but this really compelled me to write my thoughts down.
on 16 January 2013
If you are at all interested in higher states of awareness and alternate realities, get this book. The author cuts through all of the usual mystical stuff around the third eye and ties it to scientific reality. I really liked several of the exercises, and am especially taken with the big toe acupressure method. I am just starting to use the authors recommended brainwave training MP3s and have immediately noticed some interesting results. 5 stars to Dr Jill and her well written book.
on 20 January 2013
I really enjoyed this book. I found it really engaging and it kept my attention for most of the book. I did loose a little interest nearing the end of the book though. I did think that it could of offered more information on how to practice the development of the third eye. I did also feel that the author spent to much time trying to sell you her other books and other materials than necessary. With that all being said I still would recommend this book to anyone interested in this sort of thing,it's a good stepping stone.
on 7 January 2013
Amazing insightful information on what seems to be the most important part of our brain! Recommend for those of you waking up right now :)
on 4 March 2013
I didn't like the book. Read it in 6 days and then asked for a refund (you can get a refund within 7 days - your right!).

The author attempts to add credence by talking of Modern Field Theory and even claiming this third eye is capable of observing quarks - but in reality has no idea what she is talking about! Authors can assert what they like - it doesn't make it true!

You are persuaded to purchase her other items but they are not cheap! You can actually buy mp3's from Amazon of Tibetan singing bowls or Tibetan monastry sounds much cheaper - all very pleasant and relaxing but you don't get any "enlightment" or "clarity" or raised to higher levels of consciousness ... I have these mp3's from Amazon along with rain forest sounds, thunder storms etc. etc. I like them for what they are - relaxing sounds and nothing more.

There are links to youtube videos describing the experience of activating the third eye - but take them with a pinch of salt! Like most things "mystical" you can "make believe" but that doesn't make it real.

The other reviewers talk of "interesting results" but I don't see a plethora of reviewers claiming "enlightment" or bright white lights that knock you off your bed (that's what the author claimed happened to her!).

Look, like most books of this genre people make claims and assert these are backed up by science. You can blindly believe it, buy her other products, try it, experience disappointment ... it's your choice. I didn't.

You have been warned.
on 4 February 2013
This is more of a paid advert than a book. Yes, there are some good hints and tips in here, but nothing you would not already know if you have read around the subject already. Sorry, but this just feels like a hastily compiled set of facts about the subject matter from someone who just wants a vehicle to promote their other products.
on 2 August 2012
If you know nothing about the third eye then this might be worth reading. If like myself you have read around the subject before don't bother. This is just a means of selling other products the author has to offer... Disappointing and I won't be reading other books by this woman.
44 comments|21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 November 2013
I found this book very interesting, and very useful, I have had to read it through a couple of times, but that is the only way I seem to be able to understand some of it, but thats just me, Its not the fault of the book in anyway. If you are interested in this subject the I would recommend it. I found it a good read and a good reference book.
on 9 March 2016
This book offers a useful introduction to what higher states of consciousness are and techniques to achieve them. It explains in easy to understand terms the anatomy of the brain and more specifically the pineal gland and its scope of functions both physically and in relation to higher consciousness. The book is fairly quick to read too, making it accessible and not heavy and draining to your enthusiasm so you can get right into practicing the techniques which can be very enjoyable. As a long term meditator and yogic practitioner I would recommend this book as a great place to begin. Enjoy!
on 17 April 2013
Easy to read and full of clear explanation about the power of the Third Eye. Would recommend this book for those interested in exploring their 'higher self'.