on 11 May 2012
I don't read many books, and when I do, it takes me ages, but I persevered with this one and read it bit by bit on the loo which is where I read books. I really looked forward to finding out more about social media and online marketing in general.

There is so much great practical info, resources in here that I would recommend having a highlighter pen in between your pages so you are ready to highlight all the great links and resources either at a later date or straight away. That is what I did, also bend the corners of the pages so you find them even easier.

I think for most people, including me, this book is full of great ideas for us to do. I read one review here that was incredible harsh and obviously this person must have been the top expert in the world as he found nothing new he said. Well I certainly did find lots of great stuff.

If you don't know where to start with promoting your site, this is a fantastic place to do so!!
on 6 November 2012
I am no expert in digital marketing and bought this book to try and fill some of the gaps in my very basic knowledge. Pimp My Site is written engagingly enough but I find that it offers a very vague approach to SEO and PPC. If you were using this so set up a campaign from scratch I think it would ask more questions than it would answer, a more in depth look at Google Ads and SEO would be more useful. The discussion on SEO is particularly woeful and doesn't explain just how much work goes into backlinking and content marketing to be effective.
on 16 May 2013
I have been involved in websites and marketing for a number of years and am entirely self taught on most topics. I was attracted to this title as it appeared to offer a holistic approach to website marketing with limited budget and resources. I hoped it would introduce me to some methods I may have missed along the way.

I found the style of writing awkward and inconsistent. I got the impression the author had a very superficial understanding of the wide range of topics she was discussing. On occasion she explains topics in more detail than necessary and then other times presumes you are well versed in advanced marketing techniques and so skims over important detail. Quotes are inserted throughout the book from her numerous third party sources that often have no direct relevance to the point being discussed.

I found this book frustrating, superficial and outdated. It maybe of use to someone who has extremely limited knowledge of websites in general, but I would find myself reluctant to recommend it even to them. The high user reviews are quite baffling.... This book had significant potential but it is amateurish and uninspiring.
on 5 February 2012
If you ever find yourself wishing upon a star for a book about making your website be the best it can be, you've found the right star in Paula Wynne.

She has hit the nail on the head with this easy to read, easy to understand, and easy to implement, guide for SEO, online PR and marketing.

As a self employed actress, money is tight at the best of times; I can't afford to pay someone else to update my website as frequently as it needs. I need to be able to do it, I need to gain the skills to keep my online presence up there in front of the right people, and as the industry moves more and more into technology, I need to remain in the forefront of people's minds, not just on the internet but all over it! And there are `skills a plenty' in this book! Everything I could ever wish to know.

This book is a must have on the desk of any self employed person who uses the internet as a source for work. Buy it now!
on 13 January 2013
Very good book, would recommend it. It has some great tips for people of all technical abilities, from beginners through to advanced talking about SEO and page titles. Link building and how to work with Google and get onto Page 1. At the back it also offers a reference section for definition of words. So, a good source of information and a book to have close to hand. I will read it again. [...]
on 31 July 2013
I love this book, has everything you need and not too wordy. I bought both the audio and book form and treated it like a mini training course. I have listened to the book and have learned loads already about long tail key words, funny you'll find you know more than you realise just understanding the terminology. As users we use this stuff without thinking. I'm now using the book to revisit the tools mentioned to see how well my site is working. A few people did comment on the readers voice for the audio book and I have to agree its not my favourite thing, but it doesn't take away from the advantage of multi sensory learning which suits me. I personally think this book helps with websites (obviously), your social networking profiles and blogs. The book is done from a marketing angle as that is the authors background and I found this was very helpful.
on 3 February 2012
Before reading Pimp My Site, I was very confused about what to do or what not to do with my site regarding, SEO, marketing and everything else that comes with having a website and promotion. However having read this fabulous book, I am no longer confused as Paula gives you ALL the steps to ensure that you get the most out of your site. Her book turns a tedious and arduous process into something fun and easy to use! Highly recommend the book as it is fully comprehensive and gives you a spot on road map on how to get from A to B. Thanks Paula
on 6 January 2012
I wish I'd had this when I first started my internet business, but even after running a website for several years now, I still found this a handy tool.
Written in an easy to understand way and ideal for those new to the internet. I haven't read Paula's other book 'Create a Successful Website' but expect it to also be a great tool together with this book for anyone starting out.
on 6 December 2011
A great book written on a subject that many of us need help with.
I would strongly recommend this book for anyone who has a website but would like to increase the traffic they receive.
Have not read the whole book yet (only got it last Thursday) but what I have read so far has been written clearly in good simple language and would be easy enough for even the most technophobic person to understand.
I particularly like the highlighted hints and tips.
on 16 December 2011
Just what is needed! As a Small Business Coach I am always on the look out for books and resources that will help my clients take leaps forward whether they have an existing business or are just starting out. I have recommended Create Your Own Website also by Paula Wynne to clients and so was pleased to see this follow up title. It is easy to read and navigate and is full of ideas and resources. I shall be recommending it to clients as well as implementing ideas from the book for my own business.