- Paperback: 256 pages
- Publisher: Spellmount; 1 edition (1 May 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0752476645
- ISBN-13: 978-0752476643
- Product Dimensions: 15.5 x 1.8 x 23.1 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (7 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 540,433 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Pillars of Fire: The Battle Of Messines Ridge June 1917 Paperback – 1 May 2012
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
About the Author
Ian Passingham was educated at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst and Keele University, serving in the British Army for 18 years before leaving as a major to pursue a career as a professional historian and defence analyst.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
It did not disappoint at all. It is a remarkably readable account of the many months that led up to, and the few hours that actually became the Battle of Messines.
Not only is the narrative well-told and very engaging, but there is a large amount of detail and statistical evidence to support the story.
If are going to visit the battle sites, this book will prepare you more than adequately to find and understand the geography of the area and then to understand how the battle was planned and executed.
A most excellent read.