on 7 May 2013
4.5 stars!!

OMG, I so enjoyed the continuation of the story that is Claire, Adam and Chris. You must have read Relentless first as this is the 2nd book in the series, there will also be a 3rd book, which I am now dying for!

Well, hmmmm what can I say...I am in a bit of a quandary with this...trouble is I like both Adam and Chris...they each have their redeeming qualities and their not so redeeming qualities...both love Claire...and Claire loves them both too, but for totally different reasons. This is not a love triangle per se as Claire does not cheat on one or the other...however, she is in a relationship with Adam but Chris is on the periphery using everything he can in his ammo to try and win her back...a first love is always a dangerous love, especially when they have a child together.

Claire has gone back to college and is still in her relationship with Adam..once again they are totally intense and madly in love with each other...however, they now have the extra strain of Adam's job as they are 100's of miles apart and don't see each other as much as they would like. Adam agrees to take a job in Hawaii as a last job for his father, which would also mean the release of him from his services so that he and Allie can be together. 3 months is a long time to be apart and can their relationship stand this test also bearing in mind that Chris is there trying to worm his way back into Claire's affections??

Whilst Adam is away, Claire has to deal with Chris and the open adoption. She keeps him at arms length as much as possible but he tries all the tricks to break her down. He was her first love so they will always have that connection however, there is something at the back of mind that thinks that he is hiding something. He seems to have changed, but why would Claire not have told him in the first place about something so important, there must have been a reason (other than his career) that she felt that she couldn't and she went through it alone. Therefore, I feel that she has an even better connection to Adam...Adam is more her soul mate, he found her when she was down and brought her back up again, made her feel, made her love and live again...therefore TEAMMMMMM ADAMMMM!!!

.....and then Adam does something so utterly stupid that I had to take a breather....I screamed at him, I shouted and I tossed the kindle and turned it off!!! I was that peed off!!! Whilst he thinks he is doing what is best for her, he isn't (the dumb idiot) and all he does unwittingly is pushes her towards Chris argggghhhhhhh!!!!!

Cassia Leo's writing is heart wrenchingly beautiful...very emotional and very talented...you cannot help but fall in love with the characters even if you are not routing for them..

I cannot wait for the next book...I so want Adam and Claire to get their HEA but it is all up in the air...who gets the girl???

As for the title of this book, I will leave you with this quote...
"You're mine, and a piece of you will always belong to me the same way a piece of me will always belong to you" and sigh!!

[...]
on 8 May 2013
This is the ultimate love triangle! This story follows straight on from relentless and sees Claire going back to college. She is dating Adam, but due to circumstances, they are left to cope with a long distance relationship. But on top of that, she has to deal with her ex boyfriend, Chris, the once love of her life. Chris has made it clear that he wants Claire back.

So the big debate: team Chris or team Adam. Both are flawed but that's what makes them both so perfect and damn loveable. I have never read a book with 2 lead male characters and not having a clear favourite before. So it's quite surreal to realise that love is not always black or white. My heart does go out to Claire as she is so selfless that she deserves a happily ever after, but again who will be her knight in shining armour?

I loved the fact that cassia Leo wrote it from all 3 main characters POV. You get detailed insights into their thoughts and emotions. I was just so captivated by the story and characters.

But damn the cliffhanger! I hope the release of the final instalment would hurry up, I need to know what happens!
on 12 May 2013
This was a fantastic read and as book 2 I really thought it would end with answers.......the only reason I gave 4 stars instead of 5 was the abrupt ending which must lead to book 3, surely. I am actually getting fed up with books where you have to wait for answers! I wholly recommend this and its prequal and all I would say is wait until the sequal comes out if, like me, you read endlessly and want the answer avaialable before you start!
on 5 May 2013
CONTAINS SPOILERS

I loved this book we saw more of Chris. He's the love of Claires life. SHE LEFT HIM pro team Adam readers note lol. I can understand why she did it but as soon as he came back he was there for her and wanted to give her a second chance.unfortunately Adam was on the scene and had helped her through her bad times. In any other book I would probably be rooting for Adam but come on girls who can resist a hot tatted rock star with a heart i know I can't. Also what concerns me about Adam is his temper I can't trust someone with these issues. No matter what happens Claire and Chris will ALWAYS be connected & I wonder if (and I pray they don't) she ends up with Adam he will be able to accept that. I know I'm in a minority when it comes to team Chris but he's worth fighting for. Looking forward to the third book but worried at the same time lol.
on 3 May 2013
If I could give this book ten stars I would moving on from the first book Relentless, Pieces of you carries on and you find out more about Claire's relationship with Chris her first love a Rock Star. Adam Is still a big part of the story and you are left feeling torn to whose side you are on and which one she should choose to be with. Nice little cliff hanger at the end, setting up more drama to follow In the third book. All I can say Is move over Travis and Kellan you will have two new book boyfriends to fangirl over, and I'm trusting Cassia to make the right decision for us.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 21 January 2015
"Pieces of You" is a second book in the "Shattered Hearts" series. As it usually is with me, I didn't read the first book but there are so many flashbacks in "Pieces of You", so many situations brought back from the book one, so many memories repeated that I had no problems to guess what's happened in "Relentless" and, after reading the blurb for this story, I was right, so actually no problems here with reading the book as a stand - alone novel, although I'm sure that it would be much better to read all the books in the series to get the whole picture. I am always scared that I am going to judge the characters falsely, that there might be something very important that happened in the past that may be an excuse for them and I can only hope that I got the characters right.

It was actually only a story about wanting him/not wanting him, wanting her/desire her, wanting the other one/not wanting the other one. Claire seemed to be only crying, which in fact doesn't surprise me, if I wouldn't know what I want from life like she, I would probably also cry all days.
I don't understand the whole hype about Claire. In my opinion, she was such a meh, weak character, a girl who - okay, okay, I have it right, had a bad past, knows what trauma is, is still messed up by her past etc, etc - didn't know what she want. The boys in the story were much more expressive, much stronger characters, and I really couldn't understand what they saw in Claire. She must have had some hidden values that didn't shine through the pages probably. Out of the two guys, Adam and Chris, I think I am rather Team Adam, he seems more honest, although I can understand that Chris can be muchos interesting as well. Though Adam is much funnier, I totally adored his jokes and it's a pity there were only so few of them. My kind of humour :)

This is a simple love story where the author tries to add some spice by throwing in a very young love - triangle but it didn't work so much for me. In almost every chapter Claire was sure that she's in love with Adam, in the next she was sure she's in love with Chris, and in the chapters told from the boys' point of views we only learn that they are so f*ing in love with Claire. Not enough for my liking, but it seems that I am really not the best target for YA books. I'm too old, too cynical, too experienced and all those young people just play on my nerves. They so much want to behave like adults but in fact are KIDS and the way they behave and make themselves so important makes me smirk because, oh my gee, guys, what do you know about life? Nothing, but you behave as if you lived at least nine lives, saw everything. OK, here, in "Pieces of You", the characters are not so shallow and I could bear with them, although there were many moments that I only rolled my eyes. I was hoping that perhaps reading this book is going to remind me how it is to be young and free but it hasn't wow - ed me as much as I'd love it to do.

Altogether, it made a really adorable, entertaining read and I have already seen masses of very faithful fans to the series, which is brilliant. Cassia Leo's writing style is beautiful and she can really capture the emotions and feelings in her characters, and she can for sure end the book with a great cliffhanger - what is Claire going to do? Which boy is she going to choose? Is she going to get in touch with her father and his family? Absolute must - read for fans of the series!
on 12 March 2014
I received a copy of Pieces of You, book 2 of the Shattered Hearts series, from Netgalley in exchange for my review. Pieces of You shouldn't be read without reading Relentless first.

Having had her darkest secret revealed to her ex, rock-star Chris Knight, Claire and Adam's relationship has taken on more strain. With Claire back at school, and Adam heading out to Hawaii on a business contract, Adam is left wondering about what the best thing for Claire actually is, leading him to make a mistake that could haunt him for the rest of his life. Chris is determined to win Claire back, even against her new boyfriend, Adam, and tries to remind her about what they had. With the open adoption of their daughter, Abigail, yet another strain on Claire's life, will she choose the man who saved her from her misery, or her firstl love.

Link to Goodreads
Link to amazon

I've been trying to come up with a way to describe my feelings about this book. All I can come up with is heartbroken. For the first time ever I found that I had to put a book down for a bit because I was getting over emotional (for anyone who has read the book the scene in question was Adam and Claire's 1am phone call). Despite the fact that the book destroyed me emotionally it is perfectly written. The emotions are so raw, and the situations and characters are so believable that you really can't help but fall into the story.

As is always the case with love triangles, even if I don't mean to, I can't help but pick a team. In this case I am, and have been throughout the whole book, for Team Adam. Not too sure why because they are both great guys really, but Adam is the one that clinches it for me. Maybe it is because even when he made his worst decision he made it with Claire in mind as opposed to himself or his career. And his gesture at the end, despite what had happened, was unbelievably sweet.

One of the aspects that made this book so emotional was Abigail. Abigail herself is a bit of a spoiler for book 1 (Relentless) but she is Claire and Chris' daughter that Claire gave up for adoption without even telling Chris of her existence. Now that Chris does know he has been pushing for an open adoption with the parents, and the turmoil and emotions that this causes, along with seeing their daughter, is so moving that there is no way anyone couldn't be moved.

This book very nearly had me in tears. Its so emotional, and yet if you like the genre then you definitely should read it.
on 13 February 2014
'This aint our last goodbye. It's our last hello. I can feel it in my shattered heart; all through my weary bones. You're the missing piece, the final scrap. Someday we'll fit together; someday I'll bring you back.'

---My thoughts---

I received a free copy of this book from Netgalley, alongside the first and third in the series. I really enjoyed the first book, so I wasted no time in getting stuck into this one. The ending of the first book made it impossible not to read this one right away, so I was lucky that I had the second book ready on my Kindle.

If you haven't read the first book, I strongly suggest you read that one first, as it's really important to setting up the story in this book.

In the first book, Claire falls hard for her new neighbour,Adam. Although she at first has doubts about him, and tries to push him away, it doesn't take long for her to fall for his charms. But Claire was holding onto a painful secret, (view spoiler)

When this secret comes to the surface, it damages the bond between Adam and Claire, making things especially difficult for Adam, with Claire's ex-boyfriend back on the scene.

This book was told through alternating points of view, between Claire, Chris, and Adam. I found this interesting, as the first book was only told through Claire, with Adam being a mystery. Seeing everything through Chris and Adam's eyes, alongside Claire, was great, as I could really get an insight into their characters, and how they were affected by Claire.

Claire is incredibly conflicted; she loves Adam, but the love she feels for Chris is different, and powerful. He knows her better than anyone, he's her best friend, and he knows just what she needs. This of course makes thing very hard for Adam, knowing that while he's away from Claire for two months, she's spending time with Chris.

Unfortunately, this uncertainty between Adam and Claire, only seems to make things easier for Chris, as he's there to comfort her when she needs him. He doesn't hesitate when his chance to win her back arises, and Adam could lose Claire forever.

I really enjoyed this book and it didn't take me long to finish it. I loved the alternating points of view, and I can't wait to read the next book. This was a great page-turner, suitable for all Romance lovers.
on 6 January 2014
**** EROTICA BOOK CLUB REVIEW ****

Pieces of You (Shattered Hearts #2)
by Cassia Leo

** If you haven't read book 1 this review will contain spoilers**
This is the continuing story about Claire, Adam & Chris, Claire has been through hell in her life after her mother dies she was passed from foster hom to foster home until she was placed with Chris and his Mum. Chris and Claire fell in love but Claire ended their relationship so Chris could follow his dream of becoming a Rock star. She eventually finds love again with Adam but then Chris returns and everything goes wrong.
Wow what a fantastic read, the books are very consistent during the series and they gripped my attention. Book 2 is fantastic it kept my interest perked the whole way through and at the end there is another shocker and if I didn't have book 3 to go straight onto to my kindle would have been thrown against the wall.
This book is in Adam, Claire & Chris's POV and I think that has really threw me because I like them all and being in all their heads I can see how it would be really hard for Claire to choose between these 2 awesome guys. Saying that I am leaning towards Chris just because I am a sucker for a rocker. I also don't want to get too attached to them in case I get my heart broken!

A fantastically good read that had me in tears with all the emotions going on in this book.

I received a copy form Netgally in exchange for honest review

5 stars for Amazon & 5 stars for Goodreads

~Jane~
on 23 July 2013
My first thought on Pieces of You are ... ARGH! What a MESS! No, I don't mean the writing or the storyline ... I mean Claire's whole situation!
I love Claire, I do, she's been through so much, but for me there's only one clear answer for her and that's ... ADAM!

Pieces of You had me clutching my chest at certain points, one in particular that I definitely can't talk about! I could actually feel pain as the events unfolded, all the while thinking NOOOO! STOP! As desperate as I was to read it I was afraid to actually start because I was so afraid of what was coming next and where things would go next. Reading Pieces of You was so hard. I had to do it a few chapters at a time because my nerves couldn't take it!

I love how I've become so involved and invested in Claire's story and feel like I know what's best for her. I love how Cassia Leo has completely sucked me in to Claire's world and made me care so much about what happens next to a fictional character! I absolutely CANNOT WAIT until August for book 3, Bring Me Home. Guess when my birthday is ... ? Yep, August! The BEST birthday present EVER!

I really liked the alternating points of view between Claire. Adam and Chris. I got a real feel for everything that everyone was feeling and going through. Adam's POV was probably my favourite though. I just ... LOVE THAT GUY!

If you're looking for your new favourite series then I definitely think the Shattered Hearts series is one to consider.