Picture fault on episode 2? Anyone else notice this?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 17 Jul 2010 23:02:56 BDT
Wayne B says:
I have just been rewatching this DVD with the audio commentary and as your eyes tend to wander a bit as you listen to the commentary I have noticed a fault on episode 2.When you get to 10 mins and 25 seconds into the episode there appears a black dot in the background which stays in the same spot as the camera moves and doesn't disappear until the credits appear.I have checked footage on YouTube culled from the VHS version and this dot is not present on those versions.I wonder if this is a fault of the restoration work and was not noticed prior to release.I know I'm being fussy but once you notice it it becomes very difficult to take your eyes off it! I just thought I would mention it as any input would be welcome and before you say it's my televison screen I have checked this out on my other DVD setups and it is the same...and yes..I am being fussy! No I don't want an exchange or a refund but any explanation why it's there on this remastered version and not on the previous ones would be welcome!

Posted on 5 Aug 2010 20:04:32 BDT
Hi there,funnily enough I was viewing this the other night for the first time,and yes I noticed it too.
Hastily polishing the TV screen woudn't remove the dot,which as you quite rightly say,is noticeable.
Perhaps there could be a faulty batch out there on sale...

Posted on 2 Sep 2010 09:15:09 BDT
David says:
Hello I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me - I too noticed the mysterious black dot. Saying that it didn't spoil my enjoyment of The Domonators.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  17 Jul 2010
Latest post:  2 Sep 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Doctor Who - The Dominators [DVD] [1968]
Doctor Who - The Dominators [DVD] [1968] by Patrick Troughton (DVD - 2010)
3.7 out of 5 stars   (36)