Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 23 Nov 2010 11:47:43 GMT
L. Burnham says:
Up until now I've been watching the individually boxed series' (so, I think, I already have the extended episodes). What I'm really interested in is whether there has been any remastering to the DVDs in the anniversary edition?

The picture can be quite "grainy" on the DVDs that I've been watching. Something that is only exacerbated by watching on a HD TV. It'd be nice to watch Friends with a cleaner picture. It'd be nice to hear people's comments on this.

Thanks,
Pete

Posted on 1 Dec 2010 20:44:10 GMT
Luke says:
Picture is still quite grany, no improvements :(

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Dec 2010 18:45:14 GMT
L. Burnham says:
Hi, thanks for responding. That's a shame. I think I'll stick with the copies that I have then. :(

Posted on 20 Dec 2010 19:01:09 GMT
yea picture quality is awful but you get a pretty display box......

Posted on 18 May 2011 18:29:40 BDT
nametag says:
WB have recently gone back to the original film to reformat the series in HD and widescreen. They've been shown on HD channels around the world, and will probably come out on Blu-ray someday soon. (possibly a season at a time...)

Sidenote: the original film elements are in widescreen, but the show was framed/cropped for 4:3. This means that the widescreen versions simply show more image, they do not crop or stretch the 4:3 image. However, it means that everyone's always in a centre of the screen and it looks slightly odd, I'd rather have the intended 4:3 personally, but at least we'll get HD versions that'll be a drastic improvement over the DVDs of the earlier seasons!

Posted on 23 May 2011 20:09:15 BDT
L. Burnham says:
Really? HD? Awesome! I hope they do have a BluRay release - that would make my day! Interesting what you're saying about the widescreen format though. I can imagine what you're describing and agree that it would probably be better to have it in original 4:3 format, just with better PQ...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  23 Nov 2010
Latest post:  23 May 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Friends - Season 1-10 Complete Collection (15th Anniversary) [DVD] [2004]
Friends - Season 1-10 Complete Collection (15th Anniversary) [DVD] [2004] by Jennifer Aniston (DVD - 2009)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (1,001)