FROM THE BACKCOVER
This book is written for the thousands of investors who are seeking market beating returns from their investments. In a time of low interest rates and rising inflation, this book reveals simple winning strategies that work again and again for the ordinary intelligent investor. Picking Winning Shares contains ground breaking and innovative ways, to combine Fundamental and Technical Analysis. Using the simple techniques contained herein, author Mick Pavey has achieved real annual growth, in his Self - Invested Personal Pension (SIPP), averaging 46% over the past three years. In doing so, he has out-performed the all share index which has fallen by 6.3% over the same period. He believes that anyone can learn to become a great DIY- Investor and beat the markets.
Inside you will learn how to:
• Find big profits by investing in bruised, battered or depressed shares
• Use a combination of technical and fundamental filters to pick winners
• Recognise common winning technical patterns
• Identify the key fundamental ratios
• Avoid common mistakes
• Improve your consistency as an investor
• Know when is the right time to sell a share
This "How to" book will benefit the following groups of people:
• Novice Investors
• Experienced investors looking to improve their results
• People looking to make their money work for them and gain free time
• Those in their 40’s and 50’s who are late starting a pension
• Anyone needing to create a deposit to get on the property ladder
• Families wishing to provide for their children(s) school or university places
• Business owners looking for increased returns from retained earnings
• Retired people looking for better returns on their savings
Picking Winning Shares reveals the secret (legal) money making system that only the wealthy know
Using many examples, illustrated with graphs and diagrams throughout, you will easily gain a clear grasp of the author’s techniques. Chapter 16 contains examples, of the application of key principles contained in this book, using fully detailed case studies based on real investments made by the author.
1 Is This Book for You?
2 Why Another Book on Investing?
3 What You Will Gain From Reading This Book
4 Understanding Company Finances
5 The Life Span of a Public Company
6 Strategies for Picking Winning Shares
7 The Reasons Big Winners Come From Low Priced/Depressed Stocks
7.1 Common Sense?
7.2 Off the Radar Screen
7.3 Low Valuations & Low Priced – Why Do They Do Better?
7.4 What Can We Learn From Graham, Buffet, Lynch etc?
8 Using Simple Technical Analysis
8.2 Moving Averages
8.3 Other Indicators
8.4 Turning Points
8.5 Typical Patterns
8.6 Lateral Breakouts
8.7 Explosive Breakouts
8.8 Summary of Simple Technical Analysis
9 How to Use Key Aspects of Fundamental Analysis
9.1 It's all in the numbers!
9.2 Balance Sheet
9.3 Turnover and PSR
9.5 Earnings and Price to Earnings
9.6 Cash Flow and Price-to-Cash Flow
9.7 Summary of Simple Fundamental Analysis
10 How to Blend Technical and Fundamental Analysis to Pick Winning Shares
11 Filtering to Create Your "Watchlist"
11.1 Initial Selection
11.2 Fine Tuning
11.3 What to Choose?
13 Ready to Buy?
14 Monitoring Your Investment Portfolio
15.1 Selling Manually or Automatically?
15.2 Holding Winners and Cutting Losers
15.3 Deciding to Sell
15.4 Stop Losses
15.5 Pre-Set Sell Orders
15.6 Dealing with the Proceeds of Sales
16 Case Studies
17 Keep Your Profits, Limit Your Losses
17.1 Having a System
17.2 Keeping the Gains
17.3 What the Wealthy Know – the Secret (Legal) Money-Making System
17.4 Record Keeping
<p18 What's Next?
Appendices 1 & 2, Index & About the Author