on 27 February 2010
I only started playing the piano in my thirties and have had to learn completely from scratch, including learning to read music. I found that books aimed at adults assumed a cetain amount of knowledge, whereas books aimed at children didn't. My piano teacher put me on to the Pauline Hall range of books and I can highly recommend all of them. This book is great because the pieces are all really familiar but the first few are easy enough to learn pre-grade 1. I am about to take grade 2 and can now play about half the pieces in this book.

Highly recommended!
on 16 September 2010
As an adult learner I was looking for a selection of easy to play classics with which to practice and to expand my repetoire. This book has a good selection of well known classical pieces. Even at my low standard (somewhere below grade 1) I was able to clunk my way through half a dozen pieces with some even sounding half decent. I recognised most of the pieces in here even though I only have minimal knowledge of classical music e.g. Fur Elise, Blue Danube, Jupiter (The Planets), etc.

The arrangements increase in complexity as you progress but if you're Grade 1 standard I imagine they will all be within your grasp. Out of all the piano books I have, I use this one the most. Highly recommended.
on 15 February 2010
I have been playing the piano for about a year and I am going to sit my grade 1 exam in about 3 months. I have found the Piano time classics book really good and it has i great varity of pieces in it, from ode to joy to william tell overture. it is a great follow on from piano time 1 or 2 and is for players from grade 1 - 2.
on 15 November 2011
My daughter's piano teacher recommended this book and my daughter loves it. She has been playing 1 year and loves to play these well known pieces. They get progressively harder as you go through the book. Some quite challenging pieces that take you to about Grade 3 (so I'm told), but knowing the tune really helps with the learning.
on 14 November 2014
The Piano time Classics is the perfect book to restart one's interest in the piano, the well known tunes are simplified and allows hand eye coordination to develop gradually.

I shall soon request other music books by Pauline Hall.
on 15 April 2013
very good, I'm using it to play the Alto saxophone rather than piano but it works just fine. Lovely to be able to play tunes you recognise!
on 25 September 2013
As an older person taking up the piano again, it is easy to follow and is a great revision exercise.
on 24 September 2014
Good all round book, easy to play classics. Suitable for learners and sight reading for lapsed piano players from years gone by! Myself and grandaughter using this book.
on 7 April 2014
Recommended by my piano teacher and is varied and good, really pleased, very fast posting, ideal for the adult pianist when learning to play, grade 2-3 standard.
on 31 January 2013
This book is fantastic - really good arrangements for beginners but also more challenging pieces. Lots of familiar classics all in one book!