on 12 August 2012
I am not keen on any of the A-list pieces, but at least the Telemann or the Attwood should be playable by students approaching the grade 2 standard. Podgornov's Bear Dance is a fun piece but rhythmically too difficult for grade 2, so it will probably be the rather uninspired Stanford Lullaby that most people choose. The Flinstones arrgt by Nicholas Scott-Burt is stand-out among the C-list repertoire and Sarah Watts "Strange Things Happen" is another piece I will probably teach but not choose as exam repertoire.
on 1 October 2012
This book has the music for 3 pieces from each of the 3 sections of the ABRSM exam pieces. It also includes a cd with all the pieces (including the ones the sheet music is not included for) which can be played in the exam

I would reccommend getting the book with the cd rather than teh one with just the sheet music. You can hear all the pieces before choosing which ones to spend the next few months playing over and over again to learn for the exam!! You can also listen to how the track should sound, practice playing along simultaneously, and get it as close as possible, gaining as many marks as possible... Which is after all the whole point of using this book. The book with cd does cost more but only as much as an extra lesson and nowhere near the cost of re-sitting the exam!

I would also reccommend anyone sitting ABRSM exams to get the Aural training books too, you can pick up lots of marks in this part and it can be the difference between pass, merit and distinction. It seems too many teachers side-line this part of the exam...
on 28 November 2013
Got my three pieces chosen and working hard on the. Like all the ABRSM productions it is beautifully produced. An accompanying disc is a must buy option. Use the repeat button on your play-back and you are home and dry.
on 10 January 2014
Item arrived promptly and in good condition. It is exactly as we expected it to be.
The purchase price is as we expected it to be.
on 15 September 2013
My daughter loves practising the Flintstones - so easily recognisable and makes learning songs for an exam so much more enjoyable.
on 13 September 2013
ABRSM grade 2 book, exactly what i needed to learn my next grade, nice selection of pieces. hoping to do my exam with this soon.
on 29 December 2013
I have chosen this rating because it is an excellent book, ideal for beginners, child friendly & easy to use for teachers.
on 25 September 2013
Great book, easy to follow for grade 2 graduates. Would recommend to anyone learning the piano. Great service. Thanks you.
on 28 January 2013
I have to listen to all the practising my daughter does on the piano and when you get home from work, sometimes the last thing you want to hear is a plink, plink, and out of tune plonk on the piano.

But apart from that, it's a very useful book for my daughter as she is taking her Grade 2. Good value and arrived really quickly.
on 10 September 2013
We bought this at the recommendation of my child's piano teacher & it truly is the best way to prepare for an exam. To save money, you can buy the book without the CD, but we have always found the CDs useful for getting to know the tune & in the latter stages, to practise along to - I feel the CD is worth the extra cost.