Adjustable, lightweight and removable wrist/thumb brace that can also be used as a protective cast. Protects the wrist and thumb following fractures and sprains while permitting full finger function or for people suffering from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
When can I use it?
- Following a broken wrist or sprained wrist
- Following a broken thumb or sprained thumb (Skier's Thumb)
- Ideal during the healing stage of wrist and thumb ligament injuries and following surgery
- When you don't want a smelly wrist stuck inside a heavy old plaster.
Which size do I need?
Measure around wrist at widest point.
- Small: 13cm-15cm (5''-6'')
- Medium: 15cm-17cm (6''-6¾'')
- Large: 17cm-19cm (6¾''-7½'')
- X-Large: 19cm-21cm (7½''-8¾'')
How does it work?
It has a strong but lightweight plastic shell and spica that protect and immobilise the wrist and thumb, just as well as an old fashioned plaster cast - except it's much easier to wear, and can be removed to allow you to wash and carry out supervised exercises. This speeds up the healing process.
The PhysioRoom Wrist Brace with Thumb Spica has two dual stabilisers above and below the wrist, that are designed to support the wrist and prevent movement. Adjustable Velcro straps ensure a personalised fit.
The Thumb Splint provides additional protection for the thumb and another Velcro strap ensures thumb immobilisation in a neutral position. This is ideal for allowing thumb injuries to heal.