- Paperback: 448 pages
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons; 1 edition (28 Jun. 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118645758
- ISBN-13: 978-1118645758
- Product Dimensions: 18.8 x 2.3 x 23.1 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (24 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 7,401 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Photoshop CC For Dummies Paperback – 28 Jun 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
- Edit and enhance images like a pro
- Fix the most common digital photo problems
- Control color and tone
- Add text and create illustrations and paintings
Create the most amazing images limited only by your imagination
It′s your photo and you want to make it perfect. This book walks you through all of the techniques that give you complete control over the appearance of your images. From removing wrinkles to creating beautiful composite images, you′ll quickly learn to master Photoshop.
- Breeze through the basics gain a solid understanding of essential concepts and features
- Enhance reality make your images jump off the page with great color, highlights, and shadows
- Put the pieces together create unique images and beautiful panoramas by combining your photos
- Ready, set, action streamline repetitive tasks using scripts, Actions, and the Batch command
- Paint without the mess use filters and tools to create beautiful painterly effects from your photos
Open the book and find:
- Explanations of the tools and commands you need most
- Why to shoot Raw photos
- How to adjust color and luminosity
- Ways to reduce digital noise
- Tips for creating composite images with layers, blending modes, and opacity
- Why you might not want to uninstall your earlier version of Adobe Bridge
- How to integrate your iPad into your Photoshop workflow
- Descriptions of how to use the most critical Photoshop filters
About the Author
Peter Bauer, a member of the Photoshop Hall of Fame, is an award–winning fine–art photographer and the Help Desk director for the National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP). He has authored more than a dozen books on Photoshop, digital photography, and computer graphics, and is a contributing writer for Photoshop User and other magazines.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
This book is about as good as it gets when it comes to making sense of Photoshop.
I bought a big book from W H Smiths to sort me out - totally wrong!
The Dummies book was much better. I'm beginning to see the light with Photoshop now.
It's at the right Level for a beginner, it is clear and it works.
You only need this if you are a beginner with Photoshop CC.
If you want to get to grips with it I can recommend this book.
Good book and good value.
Well done Dummies.
This book leads you through what Photoshop is actually intended for and installing the actual software. Each chapter works through the processes involved with photo-editing and what you can do and go about doing it. The complicated menus and drop-downs are explained and how to access certain aspects on the programme. Layers have always been a huge problem for me and now I am working through the rudiments of using them to create better pictures. I'm not a fan of over photoshopped images, preferring the original photograph to speak for itself rather than it becoming the diminished base for an over-edition piece of art.
I know I won't become an avid devotee of Photoshop, as I haven't the patience, but I know this book will help me in my quest to master some if not all of the elements of this software programme.
Photoshop can be very daunting if you are a first timer, its not like Photoshop Elements where you are handheld with wizards to create basic effects. Full fat Photoshop really lets you get under the bonnet and the sky is literally the limit when it comes to photo editing.
Because of that I would f=definitely recommend this Dummies Guide to Photoshop CC. It will let grasp that core skills required to get you familiar with the power of this amazing programme.
Personally I use Dummies Guides to keep me up to date with the latest additions on new release versions.
If you are serious about photo editing or creating your own illustrations then get this book. Its packed full of excellent must know skills and workshops.
Of course, whether you approve of the new pricing structure for PS CC or not is outside the scope of the book and this review.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It's still hard going but I suppose Photoshop has so many facets to it, it was never going to be easy even with this book not a good as I thought it would bePublished 1 month ago by Mr. Brian Mounsher
excellent book photo shop is quite hard for a newbie like me but the dummies books always get my votePublished 3 months ago by MAXINE C.
Very happy with the book. It has been a good guide to using Photoshop.Published 5 months ago by Mrs Valerie Collier
I bought this book as a basic guide for the uninitiated, but it did not really fit the bill, though I worked through it all systematically and, I think, fairly carefully. Read morePublished 7 months ago by John Moyes
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Photography > Beginners
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Photography > Digital Photography Software
- Books > Computing & Internet > New to Computing
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Graphics & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Business & Home Office
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > 3-D Graphics > 3D Studio Max
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > 3-D Graphics > Maya
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation