- Paperback: 250 pages
- Publisher: friends of ED Ltd; illustrated edition edition (1 Jun. 2002)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1903450845
- ISBN-13: 978-1903450840
- Product Dimensions: 22.9 x 20.7 x 1.5 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 2,833,444 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Photoshop Face to Face: Facial Image Retouching, Manipulation and Makeovers with Photoshop 7 or Earlier Paperback – Illustrated, 1 Jun 2002
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the AuthorsDiscover books, learn about writers, and more.
From the Publisher
This is a full color inspirations title from friends of ED, aimed showing professionals and home users alike how to access the multiplicity of techniques available in Adobe Photoshop. By using such a familiar model as the human face, the effectiveness and originality of these techniques is thrown into sharp relief.
The book employs versions of Photoshop up to the brand new release Version 7, although the techniques shown will be compatible with previous releases of the software.
Each chapter contains multiple examples of how to treat a face in Photoshop, and an in-depth explanation of technique from the designer.
About the Author
A bio is not available for this author. --This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.
Top Customer Reviews
However, if you are into turning your friends faces into horror show freaks, or fantasy beings, then this book will be of great interest to you.
There's also an interesting section on imitating the different styles of the the art world.
The book is well illustrated and easy to follow.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
You even get to make that lush cover image (plus wings!), and a bunch of others in there that are even better. I took about two days just doing a bunch of different variations making "realistic" fairy wings, so this book's more than just about faces. There's paint techniques (how to get proper thick-looking oil paint), and some freaky stuff about making babies faces scary. There's loads of little variations and hints and tips about stuff I never even thought about doing. This has got to be the best book I've bought for just making you get down and DO IT. A real recommendation.
So, if you consider yourself an intermediate or above user and would like to learn some skills which will benefit anyone's resume (while having a blast doing it), buy this book. On the other hand, if you are a new user to Photoshop and get frustrated without very specific open-this, close-that type of instructions, you may want to pass on this one and choose one of the hundreds of books dedicated to beginners (after all, we all had to start somewhere).
Just my two and a half cents,
The sample images are largely poor starting points, but the work done takes many more steps than other, widely known, techniques, AND result in images that are worse than the originals: the retouching is obvious and intrusive, and the reason for that is the technique as much as the execution of it.
If you're a Photoshop novice, the missing steps will confuse you. If you're an advanced user, you'll realize that the recommended approaches are harder than they need to be, and give results worse than easier methods.
Some interesting concepts from the authors, but it's not a Photoshop book I could recommend to anyone.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Photography
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Graphics & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Desktop Publishing
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Administration
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Design > Web Graphics & Animation
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology