Adobe’s Photoshop Elements is America’s #1 selling consumer photo editing software, and this updated book—covering both Windows and Mac—breaks new ground by doing something for digital photographers that’s never been done before: It cuts through the bull and shows exactly “how to do it.” It’s not a bunch of theory; it doesn’t challenge readers to come up with their own settings or figure things out on your own. Instead, it tells readers flat-out which settings to use, when to use them, and why. This book gives the inside tips and tricks of the trade for organizing, correcting, editing, sharpening, retouching, and presenting photos like a pro. Readers will be absolutely amazed at how easy and effective these techniques are—once they know the secrets.
This book covers:
- The real secrets of how the pros retouch portraits
- How to color correct any photo without breaking a sweat
- How to use Camera Raw for processing not only RAW photos, but JPEGs and TIFFs, too!
- The sharpening techniques the pros really use
- How to deal with common digital camera image problems, including removing noise and avoiding halos
- The most requested photographic special effects
- All the improved and brand new features of Elements 12, such as the enhanced work environment; the ability to move objects and have the background automatically filled in; one-touch Frames, Effects, and Textures; and the ability to more easily share your images online and with your mobile devices
- And much more!
About the Author
Scott Kelby has been the #1 best-selling author of books on digital photography for the past three years. He is also Editor and Publisher of Photoshop User
magazine, President of the National Association of Photoshop Professionals, and technical chair of Photoshop World, the largest Photoshop gathering in the industry. Matt Kloskowski is the Education and Curriculum Developer for the National Association of Photoshop Professionals, and co-host of The Grid
, the popular weekly online show about all things photography. Both Scott and Matt live in the Tampa Bay area.