If you’re looking for one of those “tell-me-everything-about-the-Unsharp-Mask-filter” books, this isn’t it. You can grab any other Elements book on the shelf, because they all do that. Instead, this book gives you the inside tips and tricks of the trade for organizing, correcting, editing, sharpening, retouching, and printing your photos like a pro. You’ll be absolutely amazed at how easy and effective these techniques are—once you know the secrets.
LEARN HOW THE PROS DO IT
Each year we train thousands of digital photographers and, almost without exception, they have the same questions and face the same problem—that’s exactly what we cover in this book. You’ll learn:
- The real secrets of how the pros retouch portraits
- How to color correct any photo with out breaking a sweat (you’ll be amazed at how they do it!)
- How to use Camera Raw for processing not only RAW photos, but JPEGs and TIFFs, too! (And you’ll learn why so many pros like it best—because it’s faster and easier)
- The sharpening techniques the pros really use (there’s an entire chapter just on this!)
- How to deal with common digital camera image problems, including removing noise and avoiding halos
- The most requested photographic special effects, and much more!
Although Elements 9 offers some digital photography features that Photoshop CS5 doesn’t offer, there are plenty of features that Photoshop CS5 has that Elements 9 still doesn’t have (things like paths, Channel Mixer, etc.). But in this book, you’ll learn some slick workarounds, cheats, and some fairly ingenious ways to replicate many of those Photoshop features from right within Elements. Plus, since this book is designed for photographers, it doesn’t waste your time talking about how to frame a shot, set your exposure, etc., and there’s no talk about which camera or printer to buy. It’s all Elements, step-by-step, cover-to-cover, in the only book of its kind!
About the Author
Matt Kloskowski is a Photoshop Guy whose books, videos, and classes have simplified the way thousands of people work on digital photos and images. Author of several best-selling Photoshop books, Matt teaches Photoshop and digital photography techniques to thousands of people around the world each year. He co-hosts the top-rated videocastPhotoshop User TV, as well as the photography videocastD-Town TV. He’s built a massive library of videos that appear in DVDs and online training courses, and has written articles forPhotoshop User magazine. You’ll find Matt teaching for the Kelby Training Live seminar tour, as well as at the world’s premier Photoshop event, the Photoshop World Conference & Expo.