From the Back Cover
Phlebotomy Handbook: Blood Collection Essentials Sixth Edition
The most accurate and current source of blood and specimen collection information on the market, Phlebotomy Handbook: Blood Collection Essentials, 6th Edition is designed to provide healthcare professionals with all the clinical, technical, and communication skills they need to know related to specimen collection. Revised and updated, the new 6th edition contains the latest information on the risks and hazards associated with specimen collection while retaining the hallmark sections devoted to safety, equipment, special procedures, and legal issues that have made it a bestseller. Whether your field is medical technology, medical assisting, respiratory therapy, radiological technology, or nursing, Phlebotomy Handbook as the information you need. Included are:
- The latest standards related to the Needlestick Prevention Act.
- Current risks and hazards information including prevention methods.
- Expanded discussion of age-related competencies, trans-cultural communication, and nonverbal and verbal communication strategies.
- Expanded coverage of the circulatory system.
- Expanded sections related to ethical issues.
- New Performance Checklists.
- Coverage of Point-of-Care Testing.
- Clinical Alerts.