Now in its fourth edition, Nigel Warburton's best-selling book gently eases the reader into the world of philosophy. Each chapter considers a key area of philosophy, explaining and exploring the basic ideas and themes.
- What is philosophy?
- Can you prove God exists?
- Is there an afterlife?
- How do we know right from wrong?
- Should you ever break the law?
- Is the world really the way you think it is?
- How should we define Freedom of Speech?
- Do you know how science works?
- Is your mind different from your body?
- Can you define art?
For the fourth edition, Warburton has added new sections to several chapters, revised others and brought the further reading sections up to date. If you've ever asked what is philosophy, or whether the world is really the way you think it is, then this is the book for you.