on 16 July 2005
This book is a really good introduction for any Christian interested in philosophy. However, my major criticism of this text is that it is not very reader friendly. It lacts a glossary of key terms. Though they are highlighted in the text and are listed at the end of each chapter, the meanings are not given either at the end of the chaper, in the margin of the text or in a glossary at the end. For a work of this magnitude this oversight is unforgivable, especially when it is marketted to evangelical christians who may or may not have any indepth knowledge of philosophy. Also the language at times could be much simpler even for a philosophy text. Apart from this I find it a very helpful book and though I take issue with some of their conclusions and criticisms (especially on Plantinga's epistemology) I do recommend it to any christian interested in philosophy.
VINE VOICEon 25 September 2014
This volume is a rigorous treatment of the thinking that underpins Christian worldview and the philosophical threads that impact it. Moreland and Craig are both great writers by themselves, but together we get the best treatment of the subject that we could.
This book is a must for all students of Christian Worldview and also a recommended read for all Christians studying philosophy.
The 654 pages are broken down into a detailed and coherent structure that takes the reader through questions of philosophy, epistemology, post-modernism, metaphysics, ethics, issues surrounding theism and of course the problem of evil.
This is a really helpful, studious volume that has helped me tremendously and I plan to refer to it endlessly over the coming years.
on 28 July 2014