3.9 out of 5 stars1,481
Colour Name: WhiteChange

on 17 March 2014
I dread the hygienist as no matter how much I try to floss, it apparently is never enough and quite frankly I don't have the time to be fiddling with bits of string between my teeth every day. So when I saw this I had to give it a go!

I use this 2 times a day before brushing and mix between loading it with mouthwash and just water. After around a month of use, I have to say that I feel like it is doing a very good job! Now and then I try the old fashioned way to see if its working and so far am happy to say that it glides in and out with no 'bits', so this air floss must be doing a good job!

Its really easy to use, you get very quickly use to it and how firmly you have to hold it against your gum line. Its easy to glide between teeth and yes if you keep you mouth open you will get spray, so as the instructions suggests close your mouth around it and overall it is a clean and non messy process!

So overall if you hate flossing with those bits of string, give this a go, I highly recommend it!
0Comment215 of 227 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 28 August 2013
Colour Name: WhiteVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have seen a lot of mixed opinions on the Sonicare AirFloss so was not really sure whether it was worth the money. After using it for 3 weeks or so, I would definitely say that it is.

I'm not a huge fan of flossing - I've started doing it quite a few times but always get lazy and stop doing it after a couple of days. It's just so time consuming and niggly, with the annoying thin pieces of string. The Sonicare solves this problem. You just slot the nozzle between the teeth and press the button, spraying a burst of water or mouthwash (I opt for mouthwash) to clear any plaque.

You are warned that there may be bleeding to begin with and this is spot on the money - if you're not a regular flosser with fluffy pink gums you're almost guaranteed a bit of blood. Still, I choose to believe that it simply shows the Airfloss is working and over time the bleeding reduces dramatically.

The most important thing is obviously the results and I have noticed an improvement between the teeth and along the gums. You can also tell that it is working because the liquid blasts start passing between the teeth on the first or second blasts, as opposed to coming up against a plaque/food blockage.

If, like me, you're not fond of flossing the old fashioned way or if you just want a cooler high-tech way to do it, I would highly recommend the Philips Airfloss.
11 comment545 of 583 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 October 2015
Well I don't know if it is bad luck, I purchased 2 of these at Christmas one which I had to return. Now today one of them will not accept a charge and has given up the ghost. It is just 9 months old. Is it just me having bad luck or do they have production faults?
22 comments13 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Colour Name: WhiteVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I am thrilled with this product which I've now been using for six weeks or so on a daily basis. It means that I can floss more quickly than before and it leaves a great fresh feeling as I use mouthwash in the reservoir. Oral hygiene is very important for me as I am in the process of wearing invisalign braces to correct an overcrowded mouth. Invisalign braces stop the natural cleansing effect of saliva as your teeth are completely enclosed so I have to be absolutely fastidious about brushing and flossing my teeth. This is hard to do as my teeth are so close together in the first place. On the advice of my dentist I have been using TePe Interdental Brush Red 0.5mm Pack of 6 and also have Panasonic EW 1211 Dental Care Cordless Rechargeable Oral Irrigator and Waterpik WP250 Nano Water Flosser. Unfortunately, I don't have enough room in my current bathroom for the Waterpik and found the Panasonic bulky too.

The Sonicare Airfloss also has some bulk, but is is light and very quick and easy to use and it can share the same charger as your Sonicare toothbrush. Once charged (24 hours for first charge) I filled the reservoir with mouthwash and once I learned to keep my lips closed over the nozzle I found I could clean my teeth very quickly and without mess. It has an autofire mode which means that you can whizz along your gum line whilst it fires at regular intervals. Since I have to brush and floss after every time I eat something and before I put my braces back in, the speed and ease of use with this gadget is great. I still use the interdental brushes at the end of the day but can use this to quickly get my teeth clean. I like it very much and have been recommending it to all my friends since once you get to a certain age we all seem to suffer with food stuck in between our teeth. The combination of my new Sonicare toothbrush, Philips Sonicare FlexCare Platinum Rechargeable Toothbrush with UV Sanitiser HX9172/10 and this air flosser has meant that my oral health is now the best it has every been according to my last session with the dentist and hygienist.

Pros
+ Design is good - it's a bit bulky but is light and easy to use
+ Charge holds for 2 weeks
+ Can get other nozzle heads for family members
+ Very quick to use and can be used air only or with liquid (water or mouth wash)
+ Autofire feature means that you can move along your gum line at speed
+ Excellent as part of your oral health kit since it's so quick and easy you'll actually do it

Cons
- need to buy a plug if you don't have shaver connection in your bathroom
- others have mentioned that reservoir hold only enough for one or two uses. Since it takes seconds to fill I don't find that a problem

Update 20/11/14
-------------------
I have been using this since I got it and have converted a number of my friends also. My hygienist is delighted with the results and I miss the fresh feeling it gives me if I don't use it.
Highly recommended
33 comments166 of 189 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 August 2013
Water seeped in to main body as described by another reviewer. Immediately stopped working. A definite design fault having the tank situated so that this kind of backflow can occur.
0Comment39 of 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 22 August 2013
Colour Name: WhiteVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a genius product. I have a bridge fitted across my front teeth and subsequently can not floss, the only way to get inbetween my front teeth is with an interdental tooth brush which is a like a mini pipe cleaner on a handle so this is very handy indeed.

First thing to note is it requires charging (recomended 24hrs) oh and it needs a shaving plug adapter which is not supplied unless your luck enough to have a 2 pin socket in your bathroom. Once charged the premise is really quite simple, fill the resevoir up with water or mouthwash, prime by pressing the button a few times then place the tip of the nozzle directly on the gap in your teeth right at the top and press the button........ BOOM you get a mirror full of piece of food from god only knows when which at first glance is a bit gross...but then you think if you hadn't these little crumbs of decaying food would have sat in between your teeth, Food decaying in your mouth??? Eeuuurrghhh. It does spray a little so be prepared to wipe the mirror and wash your face when you have finished. I'll be honest my gums did bleed the first few times i used it but I imagine thats only normal considering your blowing away bits of food that have been lodged between your teeth for who knows how long. The first time you use this it probably will gross you out a little but if anything that just spurred me on to use it again and again because it just makes your understand what is going on in your mouth and the limitations of brushing alone. If you already floss then you will know this but as someone who couldn't floss the revalation was a startling one.

People have commented how this product hurt them and I cant argue with what other people feel, all I can say is it didn't hurt me, its a strange sensation dont get me wrong and its a little shocking when it sprays your face and your mirror with bits of chicken but as I said that just motivated me to want to use it again the next day.

Cant recommend this product enough for anyone who is concerned about there oral hygiene.
10 out of 10
PS I only used water in mine at first but mouthwash really does set you up for the day.
44 comments353 of 404 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 September 2015
As a dental professional I recommend this product to my patients. However, my own AirFloss has only lasted 6 months! This is very poor! A brilliant piece of equipment for those who can't or won't floss but come on Amazon, I should last longer than 6 months!! To add insult to injury I cannot find where to complain to and the system will not allow me to return the product.
55 comments37 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 January 2016
I must admit I never did traditional flossing, as its all the messing about with dental floss, trying to get it between your teeth's, sawing and ending up with bleeding gums . I got awakening call from dentist to start flossing, initially bought manual floss but again similar messing around So on seeing this product I was drawn like a moth to a flame. Initially I was a little sceptical about its claims but I ordered one.
Good thing about this product as compared it has built in technology of air, which is missing in others. This product is also very neat, but big as compared to my expectation, however it is easy to hold and manoeuvre. It comes with charger so no hassle of replacing batteries. It has a very good battery life - easily gives around week - 1.5 week charging,
This is very use to product, simply fill water/ mouth wash and press the 'on' button. Place the tip of the probe in between two adjacent teeth and press the activation button. A jet of water/air mixture is blasted between your teeth. Repeat for each pair of teeth, upper and lower jaws and you are fully flossed in 60 seconds.

Excellent product well worth investment.
My teeth felt cleaner but I will continue to use it on a daily basis and see what my dentist has to say when I go for a routine check up in a couple of months.
Just a couple of things to warn about, when you press the activate button the unit emits quite a loud clunk, noisy on its own but amplified when being pushed against your teeth. Secondly, while using it to floss between two of my back teeth I felt a sharp stab of pain - air and cold water okay - I feel a filling may be called for at my next dental appointment. If you suffer from extremely sensitive teeth this may not be the product for you. However with a bit of experimentation I found that if you fill the unit with warm water the thermal shock is dramatically reduced. I love it!
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 21 January 2015
Colour Name: PinkVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
A useful addition to the bathroom which is much easier and quicker to do than the old fashioned way of flossing.

It is most effective where the teeth are not too close together. The tighter they are the less effective this flosser is because it basically squirts air and water between the teeth.

The manual states it will take 24 hours to charge - mine charged in a couple of hours.

Its not very messy as long as you keep your lips closed when using this. Leave them open and you will get spray everywhere.

You can use water or mouthwash in the reservoir, which isn't very big and wont hold much liquid - just about enough for one session.

It comes with a two pin plug so if you havent got a suitable socket you will need an adapter.

In the very short time I have been using it I have not encountered any problems although I do note there appear to be a fair number of reviewers who have encountered faults in the medium to long term. It does seem a little fragile
on 17 March 2014
I have just returned my FOURTH Airfloss, this time for a refund. This one lasted for only 2 days before the pumping mechanism packed in, exactly as the previous 3 did. To me, this is more than an unfortunate coincidence.
55 comments32 of 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse