on 7 October 2010
I previously had a Phillips Sonicare Elite - for which I paid £80+; I was very pleased with that version, although I thought the price was steep, and it has done an excellent job on my teeth, particularly with keeping the plaque down.
I am very pleased with this new one as, at under £30, it does everything the old one did except beep every thirty seconds to tell me to switch to cleaning another section of teeth (which annoyed me with the old one and which I ignored on principle - who wants to be bossed around by their toothbrush at 7.15 in the morning?).
So I recommend this one thoroughly as I can't really see what extra the other ones on the market offer that is worth the extra money (and this version tells you how to change the rechargeable battery when it runs out (my old one lasted 2 1/2 years) - which the old version didn't allow me to change).
Marcus
99 comments| 219 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 December 2010
For a quality sonic toothbrush this product is great value for money. I've had mine for about a month now and find that the two minute auto shut off mode is really great when you get up in the morning half asleep. Also the toothbrush itself has a long enough angled head to let you get the brush head right on to the lower back teeth (which is an area my dentist always tells me off for not brushing properly). If like me you have to take the toothbrush out of the bathroom to charge it then it's good to know that it will hold a charge for more than a week at a time - so providing you remember to charge it up regulalry once a week you shouldn't encounter any flat battery problems
Highly recommended - might be worthwhile ordering a few more heads with your initial purchase
on 24 July 2010
I never wanted one of those rotating brush electric toothbrushes.

When I discovered these ultrasonic ones about 8 years ago I bought one straight away and was impressed.

It is still going now having had a few new heads.

Only reason for buying a new one now is that my wife decided we should separate and she
kept the old one - still going strong. Is left on charge 24/7 .
11 comment| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 February 2011
The sonic toothbrush is a great product as such, you can really feel it cleaning you teeth much better than an electric toothbrush or manual one. Only problem is I've ordered two now and both went wrong very quicjly. There seems to be a fault on some brushes with the charging element. However if you get one without a fault, theyre great. And faulty ones get full refunds from Amazon anyway so its worth having a go...!
11 comment| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 24 January 2011
This little Sonicare toothbrush is good value for money and does a great job cleaning teeth. My wife loves it. My daughter and I, however, are not that keen on it. The head on these sonic toothbrushes vibrate really fast to sort of polish your teeth clean. I find that these vibrations go right through my head - which I find unpleasant. My daughter is the same, but my wife doesn't mind it, and says it leaves her teeth feeling tingly clean. Conclusion: either that high frequency tingling through your teeth will make you feel good or you'll find it unpleasant. You can't tell if you'll like it before you try.

The toothbrush comes with one standard head. My wife prefers the mini heads you can get.
on 29 October 2010
This is an excellent sonic tooth brush, much better than my previous one ( Braun). My only criticism is the confusion around which repacement brush heads will fit; an issue I have yet to resolve.
on 28 December 2010
Cheapest on the market and no frills or gimmicks. All it does is clean your teeth! Believe me after wasting money on 2 other far far more expensive sonics this is all you need.
on 18 July 2011
It had been a while since I'd paid a visit to the hygienist - at £80 an hour for each of us, it's now a 'luxury' I can rarely afford since my NHS dentist went private. Recently I was noticing scale around a few teeth and they were becoming sensitive, so I thought, Right, time to pay up and face the scary German hygienist who reminds me each time that I 'clot really well'... In the meantime, I needed new heads for our electric toothbrushes and they were going to come to around the price of a Philips Sonicare, so I thought I'd try the new brush.

In under a week, all of my tooth sensitivity had vanished!

It is a fantastic product and I can't recommend it highly enough. I'd love one of the all-singing, all-dancing versions with the attachments, but in cash-strapped times, this low-cost brush does an excellent job. It seems to be able to break down tartar which means my gum health is returning and my teeth never bleed now. I can't believe the difference between a sonic brush and a regular electric toothbrush! Seriously, there is a vast difference, though it's much the same toothbrushing process.

Of course I'll have to eventually 'cough up' at the dentist's, but in the meantime, the Philips Sonicare has made biting into an ice-cream on a hot Summer day enjoyable once more!
on 19 January 2011
I bought this toothbrush as a few of my friends ha converted to electric brushing...i chose this model, mainly for the price, others i know have spent £50 plus on other sonicare products and to be honest im sure this rates the same, its good an has an impressive speed and your teeth feel fab after use. It cleans your teeth..and that is good enough for me..i dont really need or want to many over the top features! However the heads for the brush are quite expensive, but Argos do 2 for £10.. so keep an eye out
but generally im happy with the brush :)
on 12 September 2010
This has to be the very best of electric toothbrushes. It makes your teeth feel zingy and clean and you look forward to that experience - well worth the cost