- Philips is pleased to offer you a 24 month exchange or repair warranty on this product within the European Union. Please contact Philips on 02079490240 (UK) or 015245443 (Ireland) for any assistance relating to the warranty, troubleshooting or hints and tips.
- Visit the Philips Health & Beauty Store for the latest offers on Philips men's shavers, electric toothbrushes, female hair removal and health care range.
- Visit the Men's Grooming Store to explore the full range of grooming products including electric shavers, razors, beard trimmers and hair clippers, from brands including Braun, Philips Gillette and Remington.
- This product comes with a two-pin UK plug that is only suitable for two-pin UK electrical sockets, which are often found in bathrooms. A three-pin UK adaptor is necessary for use in standard UK three-pin electrical sockets. Click here to browse three-pin UK adaptors at Amazon.co.uk. (Page will open in a new tab.)
Philips PT715/17 PowerTouch Shaver
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Corded operation for constant power
- Washable shaver with QuickRinse system
- Super Lift and Cut system for a comfortably close shave
- Dynamic contour response adjusts to face and neck curves
There is a newer version of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Unless expressly indicated otherwise, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on this site. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented on our website. Please always read labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming the product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I bought the Powertouch since it had the least number of critics, hoping for the best.
My first thoughts when I powered it up was that it was going too slow compared to my old Philips, and that it would not do the job.
It has proved exactly the opposite. It does a great job, smoothly and without any afterburn, and is almost as good as a wet shave, and better than my old Philips which served me so well.
The one major flaw that he found with this product is that it comes with no sideburn trimmer. This is less than ideal, but it is marketed as a 'no extras' product, so it is not totally surprising.
Despite this one gripe, the product has performed very well in all other respects. It is a corded shaver, which is important to note, but this can be an advantage for those who habitually shave in one place, near a plug socket. With battery operated shavers you inevitably reach a point where you seem to be continually charging it, due to the rechargeable battery starting to degrade.
So, in summary, it is good quality product, with no extra features, that is capable of giving a good close shave.
I can find no problem with it. No, it's not rechargeable - I don't need it to be. No, it doesn't have a trimmer - I never used the trimmer anyway. The cord isn't elasticated but it's more than long enough, and the shave is as good as any razor I've used. So oi'll give it foive.
The paperwork said I could register my purchase online. I invariably encounter problems when doing this, but I thought I'd give it a go. And the problem soon materialised. The invoice gave the model number PT715/17, but the two choices I was given to select on the website were PT715/15 and PT715/16. I decided to click on 'Contact us' and ask for advice on how to proceed. I got an email saying 'thanks for contacting Philips Australia' and giving me an address in Guildford Surrey to write to.
The Powertouch performs well giving a close shave with its flexible head and without irritating the skin. It's easy to clean but is a no-fills shaver. Recommended.
Having not shaved for a couple of days, possibly three (a not uncommon occurrence for me), when this arrived enabled me to go directly into my first test; I've never used an electric shaver before which has been able to cope with this scenario without continual painful catching and just not shaving close at all.
I did use a couple of drops of Somersets shaving oil, which perhaps made a difference compared to earlier experiences, but I was quite pleasantly surprised by both the smoothness of the ride and just how close was the shave - still not quite as smooth as the cold steel and badger, but a huge improvement over anything I have tried before. It did struggle a bit on the neck under the chin, requiring the skin to be held quite taut in order to shave closely, which did make it a bit sore there afterwards.
The acid test is to do a wet shave afterwards to see how much more comes off. A smoother result was obtained afterwards of course, but there was noticeably less stubble in the sink than when I have done such an experiment in the past.
The next test then is to evaluate it 24 hours after the last close shave with a blade. In this scenario electric razors I have used before hardly seem to make a great deal of impact, not being able to get much purchase on such short hairs.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I like this shaver as it's similar to the one I have had for a few years. but I was surprised it doesn't have a trimmer like my old one for that I knocked 1 star offPublished 1 month ago by Mr. G. R. Scheller
Not as good as its predecessor but does its job. Needs a sideburn trimmer.Published 10 months ago by F. Barrett