on 12 August 2014
Fab. The torch is robust and easy to turn on and off. Bought for my sons 4th birthday for him to take camping but he wants to use it all the time. Bright light, highly recommended.
VINE VOICEon 23 November 2014
Style Name: Frozen - Olaf|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My 2 year old grand-daughter fell in love with this torch as soon as she saw it.

Whether it was due to the "Frozen" element or whether it was just such a lovely little torch is open to debate. She was able to hold it comfortably in her very small hands, and operate the functions immediately. The beam is very bright for such a small torch, but not "focused" as such, providing a wide arc of light to surround the child and serves as both a torch, night-light, and reading-aid. A simple on-off switch provided on the back.

Batteries are not included, so have 3 AAA batteries at the ready. That said, this is a lovely little present for any young child. It is well made, sturdy, light and extremely attractive to young children. It has not left my grand-daughter's side since yesterday.
A great torch for 3-6 year olds. Small enough to hold comfortably, bright enough to read with and low-power enough to not cost a mint in batteries.

It is less useful for outdoor use - the beam isn't focused to it provides a bit of ambient light rather than lighting the way ahead. But for reading under the covers it is ideal - and find me a five year old who doesn't think that it a fun thing to do.

The Spiderman branding is obviously a plus, and the cartoon-like styling is nice.

A lovely gift item, which will see a lot of use. Five stars.
on 20 November 2014
Style Name: Frozen - Olaf|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Frozen is everywhere at the moment, and everyone seems to be busy producing every conceivable piece of merchandise in time for Christmas, so why not a torch?! In terms of fit for purpose, well it does exactly what it's supposed to do. It is light and small for little hands, and has a simple on and off switch on the back. Batteries (2 x AAA) are not included. It is brightly coloured and shaped like Olaf the snowman, so it's guarenteed to be a bit hit with Frozen fans whether they need a torch or not (but then don't ALL kids love playing with torches?!)
VINE VOICEon 6 December 2014
Style Name: Frozen - Olaf|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I suppose it was inevitable that with the phenomenal success of the film, we were going to be bombarded with tie in products of all types this Christmas. Basically this is a cheap plastic torch with an LED bulb, featuring a picture of a character from Frozen (my daughters' tells me it's name is Olaf). Without the Philips name or the movie connection, you would probably shy away from this torch in a pound shop. You don't even get batteries with it, which frankly is a bit rich when you are paying best part of a tenner for it. The LED isn't terribly bright even when you have installed the batteries. OK for reading under the bed clothes, but not for much else. However, I have to put my feelings to one side and say that my 2 youngest daughters (7 and 5) fought over this torch - such is the power of advertising and movie based products. So, I base my rating on the enjoyment they have had from it, and the fact that at £8.99 it just about falls into the upper end of stocking filler category. Left to me, it would get discounted as an attempt by a reputable manufacturer to take advantage of kids and parents. Hiowever, if other kids like it as much as mine have, then you might consider the price worth paying. I'd give it one star, but the kids would say five, so we will split the difference and give it three.
Style Name: Frozen - Olaf|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Wow. Just shows how powerful a hit movie us. I can't imagine how anyone would think this was good value. It's just a tiny little torch in a plastic casing. It does not glow. There is a small torch with little power. It would be the right size for a child's hand. It certainly works but value for money... Not at the current price! I loathe manufacturers who exploit children and people buying gifts for their kids... 3 stars because it is what it says it is.
on 15 November 2014
This is a Christmas present but I know my little boy will love it. It's a lovely size for small hands and he will love reading in his dens he make.
Style Name: Frozen - Olaf|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My son is like every other child his age absolutely Frozen mad but to add to this he is also torch mad and so when this Frozen Olaf Children's Torch came up I ordered it as fast as I could. A bit of a panicked moment when it looked like the delivery people had lost the parcel but panic over when it turned up and my little boy is at the time of me writing this review currently in bed fast asleep with it tightly gripped in his hand. I honestly don't know what his obsession with torches is at the moment but he keeps getting his Dad's mini torches and will not put them down and so with this torch featuring Olaf on it too I don't think we will be able to prise it out of his hand!

The torch is the perfect size for little hands and the beam whilst bright isn't overly bright and so the several times I have had it shined into my eyes this evening haven't resulted in my eyes feeling like they have been blinded thankfully! The on and off button is a nice soft silicone type button rather than a switch and so my son has had no problem turning the light on and off albeit he prefers the light on and the torch doesn't seem to overheat when it has been on for a while. You will need a Philips/posidrive screwdriver to open the battery compartment and the torch takes 2 AAA batteries. The torch measures approx 9cm long by 5cm wide at its widest point by 2.5cm deep and really is a lovely little children's torch.

To me this is just a torch with a picture of Olaf on it but to my son it is an amazing toy that he can flash around the house with the lights off, look at books and play with toys under his bed covers when he is supposed to be asleep, swirl into mummy and daddy's eyes when avoiding bedtime and running away from us to avoid bedtime or get the cats to chase the light across the floor which is a super game and is accompanied by hysterical laughter. A lovely torch which is perfect for little hands and with Olaf on it is an absolute winner in our home.
on 16 December 2014
Style Name: Frozen - Olaf|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
If buying as a Christmas present it is a nice gift but I guess the recipient may not know how much you've paid and it isn't cheap really. My 5½ son loves torches and loves Frozen (although we're not allowed to tell anyone that as it isn't cool) and the main reason for me being pleased to receive one to review is that we've just moved house and this arrived in perfect timing for him. He's been using it on a night time if he wakes up unsure, or he's uncertain as to the path to the toilet or our bedroom. He has plenty of adult torches as he does love torches but this one's much easier for use in the night as it is simply a lightly pressured press of a button. I misread the item description as I was sure I was getting a night light but really it is just a torch. I went on to get some night lights from a local supermarket.

EDITED: given as a gift at Christmas with my son's presents (he's 5) and was used daily for 3 whole months and is now broken. The little button that you press has dropped off.
on 23 May 2015
These are very solid built and great for young children. I didn't give it 5 stars because I think the light is actually too bright. That probably sounds a bit strange given that this is a torch, but when kids are playing with them at night it's quite easy for them to get dazzled when shone directly in the face. I would have preferred it to be slightly duller. Perhaps these are better used outdoors and that is where they seem to excel. The LED means the batteries last a lot longer than the bulb torches they used to have.

The on/off mechanism is a nice rubberised area that can be pressed to turn on and off and the batteries can be replaced easily.