Would you like to give feedback on images?
|This Philips Juicer gives you all the juice without the fuss thanks to its patented micro-mesh filter and powerful 700 Watt motor. The extra-large feeding tube easily takes whole fruits and vegetables, so you don`t have to peel, core, de-seed or chop first anymore. The versatile motor with two speeds can handle hard fruit as easily as soft fruit, and because the pulp container is so large, you can make more juice in one go. |
Patented micro-mesh filter
Extra-large feeding tube
700 Watt motor with two speeds
Made from anodised aluminium
2 litre pulp container
1.5 litre juice jug
In the end, I decided to plump for thiss Philips machine, as it had quite a few good reviews, and it looked good (my thinking being that even if it wasn't great it might look good on the work top!).
So I was delighted when I got it for many reasons:
1. It makes great juice (and rather the jug supplied allows for a generous amount of juice). It makes very light work of apples, oranges, strawberries, grapefruit, carrots etc. It is surprising how much juice you get out of one apple. When I was researching, I wondered how much preperation was required... With this model, the chute is big enough for whole apples and oranges, but they recommend that you peel the oranges first (apparently the skin is very bitter), but other non-citrus fruits need no preparation whatsoever.
2. It isn't as loud as a jet engine (it's actually only as loud as my kettle - at the most).
3. It is farily compact - It only takes as much room as the kettle (maybe a little bit more), but I have a tiny kitchen, and it has fitted in no problem.
4. It's dead easy to clean and doesn't require a PhD to put it back together. It is very simple to put together, and the supplied brush for the metal thingy that mashes up the fruit is very handy indeed.
5. It gets every drop of moisture out of the fruit leaving only dry pulp in the pulp container. I had read in other reviews that it doesn't get every drop of juice, but my one certainly seems to.
6 It doesn't make mess.Read more ›