Philips HR1861 Whole Fruit Juicer - Aluminium
|Price:||£189.99 FREE UK delivery.|
- Enjoy fast juicing with multiple speed controls for soft and hard fruits, get fresh juices at speed with the powerful 700 watt motor
- Make more juice with continuous juicing thanks to extra large capacity, micro mesh-filter made of stainless steel
- No pre-cutting needed as the extra large tube swallows even bigger fruits and vegetables
- All parts are dishwasher safe so this juicer is quick and easy to clean
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
This Philips Juicer gives you all the juice without the fuss thanks to its patented micro-mesh filter and powerful 700 Watt motor. The extra-large feeding tube easily takes whole fruits and vegetables, so you don`t have to peel, core, de-seed or chop first anymore. The versatile motor with two speeds can handle hard fruit as easily as soft fruit, and because the pulp container is so large, you can make more juice in one go.
Patented micro-mesh filter
The patented micro-mesh filter squeezes out every last drop of juice--just two apples make a full glass of fresh juice.
Extra-large feeding tube
Thanks to the extra-large feeding tube, you don't need to de-seed, core, chop or peel most fruits first. The juicer easily takes whole apples or carrots, for instance.
700 Watt motor with two speeds
The smooth, versatile 700 Watt motor has two speeds so you can select the ideal speed for juicing hard or soft fruit.
The Philips Juicer has dishwasher-safe parts. You can either rinse all of the removable parts under the tap or put them in the dishwasher.
Made from anodised aluminium
The Philips Juicer is made from anodised aluminium, a stylish finish that won't mark or stain and which will keep its looks over time.
2 litre pulp container
You can make more juice in one go thanks to the 2 litre pulp container.
1.5 litre juice jug
The stylish 1.5 litre juice jug comes with a detachable foam separator for clear or cloudy juice.
Please note that although the Philips juicers are very robust and built to last, it is advised that you allow the motor to cool down between juicing sessions as this prolongs the life of the motor. There is also no brush with this model.
1 x Philips HR1861 Juicer
1 x Juice jug
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
In the end, I decided to plump for thiss Philips machine, as it had quite a few good reviews, and it looked good (my thinking being that even if it wasn't great it might look good on the work top!).
So I was delighted when I got it for many reasons:
1. It makes great juice (and rather the jug supplied allows for a generous amount of juice). It makes very light work of apples, oranges, strawberries, grapefruit, carrots etc. It is surprising how much juice you get out of one apple. When I was researching, I wondered how much preperation was required... With this model, the chute is big enough for whole apples and oranges, but they recommend that you peel the oranges first (apparently the skin is very bitter), but other non-citrus fruits need no preparation whatsoever.
2. It isn't as loud as a jet engine (it's actually only as loud as my kettle - at the most).
3. It is farily compact - It only takes as much room as the kettle (maybe a little bit more), but I have a tiny kitchen, and it has fitted in no problem.
4. It's dead easy to clean and doesn't require a PhD to put it back together. It is very simple to put together, and the supplied brush for the metal thingy that mashes up the fruit is very handy indeed.
5. It gets every drop of moisture out of the fruit leaving only dry pulp in the pulp container. I had read in other reviews that it doesn't get every drop of juice, but my one certainly seems to.
6 It doesn't make mess.Read more ›
The package includes a good recipe book by Jason Vale (who recommends this machine) and extensive instructions from Philips, which also makes suggestions for recipes. Once assembled the juicer looks good, but its main feature is the simplicity of the design. It breaks down into 4 large parts which can be easily rinsed under a tap, to clean off the pulp of the fruit. In the past, juicers have been very difficult to clean; but this one is very easy indeed.
Once assembled, it is simplicity itself to use - you just push the fruit down the large feeding tube at the top. Instructions say you can put in whole apples - this works, but is quite slow. I found that if you chopped them in half, it's much quicker and easier. Generally it works better if you chop things into pieces - but even allowing for this, the whole process is just a few minutes and you have fresh juice.
In place the unit tilts to one side, which is where you place the jug provided, to hold the juice. This is a nice, clear plastic design with an insert that allows you pour the juice into glasses without taking the foam from the top. Overall, the system worked very well and seems to produce excellent results - very pleasant with some ice, on hot summer days.
Given that it's currently selling for half price on Amazon, this has to be a top recommendation for this kind of thing. It certainly looks very good and it works quickly and efficiently. But what really sells it, is how easy it is to clean. Having owned and given up on previous units that sat unused due to such difficulties; it is very pleasing to discover something that has overcome all those problems, to make quick and easy juicing.
I have not been dissapointed. It is very quiet, the motor runs smoothly and with a sense of great strength, and the little details are worthwhile: the jug that is purpose-built to fit snugly at the spout (complete with a hinged lid that stops any splashing) and the lightly suctioned feet that hold the machine firmly on a flat surface are both excellent touches. Also, the posture of the machine has it permanently tilting slightly forwards so no juice is left to collect in the insides, only to drip on you when you take it all apart; every bit goes into the jug. This leaning aspect also adds an endearing character to the machine, which, if it is to be left out on the counter for any length of time, is a welcome attribute; it looks purposeful and ready for action! Compare your boring old toaster or tired old plastic kettle - characterless!
Cleaning juicers has always been a rather tiresome chore, but even that task is easier than I had expected with the Philips. Everything will go in a dishwasher but I prefer to do it by hand - I expect that over time the slightly abrasive quality of dish washing tabs or powder will dull the clear plastic parts. The main housing wipes down very easily if there's any spillage as it is made of "Professional anodised aluminium"; the real benefit of this, however, is that it doesn't show finger marks (it's also scratchproof and corrosion resistant).Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
brilliant juicer, makes exceptional juices and its really clean and recommended product to all the juice lovers out the there please invest in one of these and you will not be... Read morePublished 12 days ago by sulleman
terrible product produces so little juice and very messy to clean. I disposed of it as I didn't wish it on another person.Published 22 days ago by Neal P.
Excellent juicer. Used several times and then hidden away in a low cupboard as all juicers should be.Published 25 days ago by M. F. Tarrant
to Beyonce/Irreplaceable (and 'the left' :)
🎶 you must not know about greens,
you must not know bout berries,
gonna make another juice in a minute,
matter of... Read more