This is the 3rd Philips DVD player I have owned over the years, and I am very happy with this recent purchase.
Firstly, it is a very compact and light unit that makes it easy to transport between rooms or just put away if you dont want your kids watching too many films during the week.
Secondly, it loads up quickly and plays everything from DVD, DivX, XVid and VCD, smoothly and quietly. This was not the case with my previous player, a Philips DVP5960, which was a noisy beast that often froze when loading or while playing many of my home-made DVD-video and DivX discs.
Thirdly, it is very nice on the eye.
I have tried out several DivX movies and so far no problems. The remote control also seems to be better on this unit than on the DVP5960.
This player can be made multi-region by some easy steps.
1. Turn the DVD player on.
2. Open the loading tray.
3. Press the "Setup" button on the remote control.
4. Navigate to the "Preferences" page using the right arrow key.
5. Type 138931.
6. The current region code will be displayed - use the Up/Down arrow buttons to select the region required or "0" for all regions.
7. Press the "Setup" button on the remote control.
8. Press "OK" on the remote control.
At £45 this is a bargain.