on 11 October 2011
I enjoyed this production of Phantom of the Opera. It is a timeless classic. The DVD arrived promptly and in good condition. The quality and soundtrack is excellent. If you enjoy this kind of musical and cannot get to see the westend version, this is the next best thing.
I’ve been a huge musical fan since my early days, and love the period of the big musicals, from the 30’s, 40’s, 50’s and 60’s. I also love the musicals of Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber.

I have the original London cast recording of “The Phantom of the Opera” on cassette that was released in 1987, it starred starring Sarah Brightman and Michael Crawford.:-)

I was really hoping that they make it into a film as it was such a fantastic musical, so when they announced it was to be a film I was over the moon.:-)

Not only has this musical got a fantastic story it also has an excellent score by Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber and lyrics by Charles Hart and the additional lyrics are by Richard Stilgoe.:-)

The main characters were played by Emma Rossum (Christine) and Gerard Butler (Phantom), they both did a fantastic job with singing the songs. :-)

This CD contains all the songs from the film and in total there are 14 tracks.

With this CD you get a lovely little booklet that includes the track listing, the cast list, two short articles and some still photos from the film. :-)

If you were to ask me if I’d any favourites I’d had to say yes, it’s the entire CD. :-)

I love listening to this CD, besides the great songs it reminds me of the fantastic film.

It’s a must if you’re a fan of the film and the musical. :-)

It’s a fantastic CD and I’m really pleased it’s in my musical collection. :-)
on 15 August 2011
Loved this movie and after seeing it again on TV recently I bought both the movie on dvd and the cd sound track and wasn't disappointed. I also have original soundtrack from stage in London and this one was almost as good or even better.

A good buy
on 24 May 2013
This CD features all of the tracks from the Motion Picture of Phantom of the Opera (2004) in their full glory. The delivery as ever was very prompt, and I am very happy with my purchase.
on 2 December 2011
I'm positively impressed by this work...especially by actor Butler's passionate version of the phantom.
I'm a musicals' lover (& I know a bit of the traditional opera too) but I agree with others here, sometimes, like in the case of the original theatrical version of the Phantom, it's like if for the modern sensitivity that kind of *technically perfect* singing doesn't fit so well the emotional side of the story, but almost steal something from the sheer instant emphaty, that it's instead easier to feel through this version (obviously my very personal opinion).

Then again Butler did a good job here, apart some very difficult point for him to sing (see the end of "Music of the night" for inst., if I don't go wrong), & where his vocal skill did him tricks, he covered it with his acting; about Christine's actress she had been just like I'd have liked her to be, not too much not too little, just right...then both with the help of the perfect well known melodies hit it awesomely (included the new material added).
Rarely I feel truly emotionally involved into these kind of things, but I've to say this version just moved me (unexpectedly, & I never even saw the whole movie, I will now, definitely... ;-P).

Be open minded & give it a try, if you aren't a purist of the genre, I believe you'll appreciate this version too.
on 29 September 2010
Fantastic selection of songs from the film, almost transports you back to the scenes in the film...
on 14 July 2013
I couldn't really understand why this wasn't really doing it for me. The film is visually impressive, great performances and the sepia shots of the present are a nice touch. The music is as good as ever. So why the problem? Then I realised that the singing is all studio dubbed and the movie thus lacks the spontaneity of the stage or live shows. When the actors are singing they are really only going through the motions of such, and it shows, albeit unintentionally.

Maybe that's why so many musical shows fail to do as well as the stage production when translated to the big screen? It also may explain why the recent production of Les Miserables impressed me so much as all the singing was live on set? The music had heart and was not just technically perfect.

But if that's not important to you then indeed this is a very worthy version of the stage show.
on 25 June 2016
Ok, so not the stage performers' voices on this soundtrack from the film - but I loved the film and I feel the vocal performances of the actors' did well enough. I enjoy this soundtrack more than the stage one, maybe because it is a little more 'rough' so I can relate to it more. The quality of the recording is good, and it certainly brings back images from the film as I listen to it. I'm not a huge fan of musicals, there are few I like, and this is most definitely one of them. The only track I didn't really enjoy is the final one, which was written specifically for the film, so I must admit to skipping that one and sticking with the film score.
on 10 April 2013
I wont waffle so i say it is absolutely brilliant i brought this for my mum on mothers day and its been played in the car everyday since !! Brilliant quality and brilliant postage very quick thanks.
on 14 August 2011
This soundtrack is incredible!

The songs are all amazingly sung... the writing is in a word, ideal... and of course, the music is fantastic and immersive!

I have listened to all of these songs over and over for hours on end... and I forever continue to listen to them!

All together amazing. The only negative is that the original motion picture compositions were in lacking. They are available for purchase, but I found that each track was not composition alone, but included dialougue and sound fx, which greatly took away from my purchasing of the double disk entirety.

But anywho, this is incredible. GET IT! DO IT! DO IT NAOUGH!