on 27 November 2014
I've tried practically every fountain out there and this one is great. My cat is blind (and deaf, got kidney failure, dementia....) so can't see the water. I tried the very expensive ceramic one that doesn't 'pool' (it just runs down an angled, rippled plane). It's a great fountain but my poor wee boy has to stick his paw in the water to find it so I plumped for this one with the big 'easy to get your whole big face into' bowl.

Really easy to keep clean - less nooks and crannies than most fountains
Completely silent - and I have it sitting on laminate flooring
Small and compact - but with a really good-sized bowl
Absolute doddle to set up - took me about 3 minute (and that included reading the instructions)
Comes with two filters which look like they will last a while.
The only one I've ever come across that has a sensible column to hold the cable out the way

I'm glad I got this, it means my baby doesn't fall out the bath at 3am any more, yay!
VINE VOICEon 30 June 2014
My biggest, bravest cat tried this water fountain first, then wouldn't let any of the others use it for ages! They all seemed to like using it (eventually) though, the pump is very quiet so it doesn't put them off. The only problem I had was where to plug it in, there is quite a long cable supplied which stretches quite far so I was able to find a spot in the corner of the sitting-room. I think I will have to put it on a mat so it doesn't mark the laminate floor but it does mention this in the very well thought out and clear instruction leaflet supplied.
on 8 November 2013
My cats love this water fountain. I didn't know whether they'd use the moving water but they do and they just love it. As soon as I can afford, I will definitely buy another for my other cats. Its easy to put together, easy to keep clean and I couldn't be happier with it. The thing that I am seriously unhappy about is the "Frequently Bought Together" purchase. The item in question is a pack of spare water fountain filters. I thought I was set up for a good few months, having bought the pack of extra filters. Foolishly, I didn't open the pack until I needed another filter and I'm very disappointed to say that the filters supplied are not for the water fountain I purchased. You would think that items, which are frequently bought together, would go together; that you'd get spare filters to replace the filter in the water fountain, which is the other item "bought together". Beware! The spare filters are unlikely to be the correct filters for the fountain. I can't afford to buy any more filters at the moment so we are just having to make do without them for the time being. Apart from this abysmal secondary purchase, my cats, and I, are very happy
33 comments17 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 October 2014
We bought this water fountain because we were having to spend frequent overnight trips away from home. Letting water stagnante in a bowl, although it was being refreshed every few days, seemed wrong so we bought this water fountain.

Although we are still making sure the water is completely changed at least once a week it is usually the case that we are refilling it at least twice during that week as well. The cats seem much happier to drink more water out of this than they did a water bowl, although obviously this might be coincidence.

The water fountain is easy to clean, when we do a complete water change we wipe down the plastic unit and it comes up clean, the only thing that we do not like is that the plastic shoot where the water is forced through the filter does not appear to properly fit the base.
on 11 July 2014
Bought this as had good reviews but after 10 minutes running the pump has become very noisy . Ive tried putting on a towel and mouse mat to deaden vibration but doesnt have any effect. the kitten has investigated but the older cat gives it a wide berth. However, it gives a good gentle flow of water and is a compact size.
on 16 October 2013
buy one its grt and came quick too very quiet and compact holds enuff for days and has filter to clean water
on 1 February 2013
We are very pleased with the cat fountain, our cat Sammy loves it she uses it every day, great value.
on 25 May 2013
This is a great item. Bought it as my kitten was not drinking hardly anything. It is a great size,very easy to put together and runs very quietly unlike some others. I give it five stars and have already recomended it to friends.
on 12 November 2013
Great affordable purchase .. does what it says on the tin ... and not too expensive to replace compared to the Delux one
on 18 September 2013
Not got a very fast flow but the cats liked it and it is not too noisy like some others.