Shop now Learn more Shop now Up to 50% off Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Halloween Pets Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Learn more Shop now

Petition: Amazon, Please Stop Using CITYLINK!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 714 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 8 Oct 2010 20:44:23 BDT
Malc says:
Dear Clare
I think you have enough evidence from these complaints, good luck with your quest. We can only hope that Amazon eventually listen to there customers and give us a choice of delivery agents. Amazon Prime! you must be joking if they persist in using Citylink.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Oct 2010 14:31:14 BDT
A Booth says:
I totally agree.

Every time Amazon have tried to deliver next day using City Link the parcel has not turned up.. Every timr they use the Royal mail - it has and before midday. Come on Amazon think there's a clear message here.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Oct 2010 17:24:52 BDT
We have had many similar issues with City Link. For the current one they alledged to have attempted three earlier deliveries. This is an absolute lie: on all occasions we were home and no bell was rung (a royal mail parcel, incidentily also sent by AMAZON, was delivered absolutely fine half an hour before City Link claim they attempted delivery). They also say they don't leave a card for flats as it is a "security risk". This is complete nonsense: it isn't a security risk for any of the other couriers (Royal Mail, Parcelforce, HDNL, etc etc). One of their procedures to "prove" that an attempt of delivery was made is for the drivers to take a picture of the intercom: every time I asked about this they said "oh, the picture is too blurry" or "the picture hasn't loaded into our system yet". It seems to me that their internal processes are incredibly shoddy and leave too many loopholes for drivers to abuse the system. If they were forced to leave cards on every occasion, irrespective of whether it concerns flats, then at least we would have proof of attempted delivery.

Posted on 19 Oct 2010 17:45:53 BDT
D. Budd says:
I've had similar issues with Citylink. I tracked a package online becuase it hadn't turned up yet only to see that they claim to have attempted delivery twice. On both days, there was someone present all day. Either the driver was a liar or unable to ring a doorbell.

Amazon's businesss depends upon a reliable postal service. Citylink are not just unreliable but actually lie about attempting delivery.

The sooner Amazon stop using them, the better for all their customers.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Oct 2010 16:10:25 BDT
Dave S says:
I've had 5 items in the last 5 months that haven't been delivered next day by City Link when they should have been. My Amazon Prime subscription is due for renewal next month and I'm seriously thinking of not renewing. In fact, I've even taken to paying a few pounds more and buying items that I'd normally get from Amazon from local retailers, just to make sure I get them earlier. So Amazon are losing some business because of this.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Oct 2010 16:48:00 BDT
Update on my earlier post: After the three alledged delivery attempts I spoke to both City Link Customer Services and Amazon Customer Services yesterday evening. They both confirmed delivery for today (AMAZON even sent me an email stating so). I checked the City Link tracker website at 4pm and the item hadn't even been loaded onto the van yet. When I called City Link Customer Services they confirmed it curiously hasn't left the depot and there was nobody at the depot who could give any further info or could say if it could still be delivered today. I told City Link I will cancel the order and called Amazon to arrange a return and a refund as I am sick of this whole affair. After four days of staying at home this issue is now finally resolved albeit without Amazon having made a sale and me without the product I wanted.

PS: I asked the City Link CS guy if the driver had taken a picture of our intercom as per their own procedures and for all three alledged delivery attempts there was no picture. So: I never left the house since Saturday, the door bell never rang (except twice when Royal Mail delivered a parcel), no delivery cards were left at my house, no pictures of intercom taken, but still the City Link website claims "There was no one to receive the goods at the delivery point so a card was left." on three occasions. Do we think they might be lying?

Amazon, please stop using City Link or at the very least demand that they implement basic common sense processes and procedures to ensure good order fulfillment and customer satisfaction.

Posted on 21 Oct 2010 08:19:38 BDT
E. Truckell says:
Even when I have had items delivered to the studio, where there is an open door and someone on reception from 9am till midnight, there has been no delivery. I have also not had a single item every successfully delivered by CityLink.

On one occasion having gone to the depot (second day running as the item still hadn't come back the first day until after the depot closed) I was informed by the man on the counter that the reason was because the package was a 'category H'. This after I watched him pause behind the glass door and draw a large 'H' on the package with a green marker before spinning this story. He couldn't even tell me why a supposed 'category H' package would be delayed and what it meant.

If there was a choice of courier, even for a slightly higher subscription, then I would be subscribed to Amazon Prime. However as it stands I refuse to even use the trial as I know it will only cause me more hassle to receive the items.

I just want an option to use someone different, even if it were to cost slightly more in shipping!!!

Posted on 26 Oct 2010 22:07:01 BDT
Last edited by the author on 26 Oct 2010 22:11:04 BDT
Blinkersoff says:
I agree - have passed on to BBC watchdog too. Having placed a large order with Amazon I am on the verge of cancelling due to City Link. They have lied about attempted delivery today - we were in all day waiting for them by nobody called, no card was left. I am actually surprised that they can carry on in business and that Amazon deigns to use such a shoddy outfit. I thought better of Amazon, but seems in fact they are saving on costs at customers expense. Bye Bye Amazon, you have lost my custom.

Posted on 27 Oct 2010 22:06:12 BDT
On Wednesday 20 October 2010, I ordered a printer using Amazon Prime, which was supposed to be delivered on Friday the 22nd.

Friday the 22nd came around, my partner and I were at home all day, but no package. At the end of the day I went on the website which reported that delivery had been attempted at 10:30am but "There was no one to receive the goods at the delivery point so a card was left", which was an absolute lie. The bell never rang. There was no delivery attempt, and there was no card.

I contacted City-Link on Friday asking them what was going on, but they never answered me. On Saturday I contacted Amazon, who confirmed that City-Link lied and no delivery attempt had been made, and said that they were very sorry. They rearranged delivery for me on Monday the 25th.

Well, the printer was indeed delivered on Monday, but guess what? It was damaged, presumably during transport. A plastic component had been broken off.

Amazon, please stop using this ridiculous excuse for a delivery service. What's the point of having Prime if this is the treatment I get?

Posted on 30 Oct 2010 16:11:15 BDT
MattB says:
In complete agreement with this.

At the very least, let us know BEFORE we order that it will be with city link, so we can choose a different option!

Posted on 2 Nov 2010 14:15:58 GMT
CK-N says:
I've cancelled orders before from Amazon because CityLink have failed to deliver, and told Amazon that it's damaging their business. Today CityLink tell me they have delivered to my house this morning. I have been by the front door all morning. They have delivered it somewhere else, God knows where. Royal Mail, however, delivered an Amazon order to me this morning with no problems.
Amazon - if you're reading - I have cut back on what I buy from you because you use these guys. They are dragging you down.

Posted on 2 Nov 2010 16:19:15 GMT
R. Georgiou says:
If Amazon continues using them I'm going to stop buying from Amazon until they don't. City-link is the most unprofessional service I had ever.

Posted on 2 Nov 2010 17:46:48 GMT
Mr P Stanner says:
Majority of my experiences with City link are negative,

They generally are a hassle, it is a shame that amazon does not offer an alternative

Posted on 2 Nov 2010 17:52:57 GMT
Dave S says:
After complaining about 5 items delayed over a period of 5 months and repeated emails asking Amazon to escalate the matter I eventually got this reply:

"The rescheduling was submitted by the staff at City Link's Scottish depots, to ensure that drivers were not leaving the depot with more parcels than they would be in a position to deliver. Senior Management in City Link have instructed the staff to refrain from doing this, and have highlighted the repercussions caused as a result of their actions."

I haven't ordered anything else yet so I don't know whether it's made much difference here.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Nov 2010 19:38:32 GMT
Zin says:
Absolutely NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Nov 2010 19:48:48 GMT
here here amazon do you actualy value you customers hmm lets think where does 99% of your income come from oh thats right when soomone orders somthing and you get part of the sale price so what would happen if suddenly 100,000 people stopped using your website hmm? do you not listen to your customers... apparently not it there like some states you have to give us a reasoable degree of customer Serivrise? im come on amazon JUST LISTEN TO WHAT YOU CUSTOMERS WANT!!! not only is it benfical for us it also good for you because more people will order things which mean more profit for you come on amazon it aint hard!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Nov 2010 22:55:35 GMT
Zin says:
Well said Homer!!

Posted on 5 Nov 2010 22:39:33 GMT
i know what you mean iv had to order though them a few times before there all a bunch of liars they told me to be at home at a certain date then i wait for them and they dont arrive then when i check the status on the site it says it was attempted even when i was home, i didn't get a calling card or anything this happend twice and then the sent it back to england to the seller without even bothering to try delivering so i had to fork out another tenner and get it posted again.
iv had to stop shopping from scan, ocuk, microdirect and aria just because of the incompetence of citylink i hope that online sellers will hopefully receive enough complaints that they will listen and give the option of a different courier even if it does cost a bit more

just a note, if anyone knows any good value sites for selling computer components that dont deal with city link please message me the url

Posted on 7 Nov 2010 01:01:56 GMT
Last edited by the author on 8 Nov 2010 08:35:37 GMT
M. Malik says:
Just had city link f*** up another delivery this Friday (i've lost count of the total number). Rang amazon support in the morning after checking my account and seeing that city link had "attempted delivery", to have the staff member confirm that they delivered to the wrong address. This is impossible, my gps finds my house fine, they just didn't f'ing bother to deliver. Anyway, amazon support staff said they would deliver to the right address on Friday because it was still early, 10am. They didn't.

I email amazon support after having enough of their phone support morons. Only to be told that it might come on Saturday, but if not Monday. In summary, I ordered thursday, and my order might come on Monday (you never know with those city link f***s). Nice one day service there Amazon. I'm definitely not gonna buy from amazon for a good f***ing while.

So yeah, stop using city link now!!!

UPDATE - amazon support email came back, the a$$hed didn't answer any of my questions and ignored the problems I've had. I will be closing my account soon as the only way to get to these pr1cks is by their profits as they clearly couldn't care less about their customers. F*** you very much amazon ;)

UPDATE - awaiting email reply confirming account closure, can't wait to never have to deal with both amazon and city link again ;)

Posted on 9 Nov 2010 13:46:24 GMT
ColmB says:
CityLink leaves delivery notes without ringing my door bell. Disappointing.

Posted on 10 Nov 2010 14:55:14 GMT
Last edited by the author on 10 Nov 2010 14:58:00 GMT
Alex says:
I have so many problems with Amazon using Citylink. Someone should report them to BBC Watchdog. I'm not going to shop anymore on Amazon if they continue to use Citylink. Citylink doesn't even bother to leave delivery cards, when they fail to deliver.

The worst thing about Citylink is that if you miss their incompetent deliveries, you have travel 30+ miles to pick them up from the Citylink depot.

Why on earth can't Amazon use Royal Mail.

Posted on 12 Nov 2010 14:21:18 GMT
AJ says:
City link are cowboys. Will not order from Amazon again until they use another company.

Posted on 17 Nov 2010 10:56:19 GMT
Same problem for me with CityLink. I stayed in all day waiting for my delivery. They never turned up, but their website still says they attempted a delivery and no one was in. An absolute lie! I'm cancelling Amazon Prime today.

Posted on 18 Nov 2010 16:38:05 GMT
Agree 100% will never again order anything from Amazon if it means using CityLink.

Their favourite trick seems to be leaving cards asking you to do their job, even if it means travelling literally dozens of miles.

Posted on 18 Nov 2010 16:49:45 GMT
Zin says:
My daughter pointed me here:

Ordered a book for my son-in-law from Amazon. An 8-15 week wait, would arrive after Christmas. Canceled that and ordered from Alibris two days ago, got today.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  468
Total posts:  714
Initial post:  2 Aug 2010
Latest post:  1 Jan 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 47 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about