Petition: Amazon, Please Stop Using CITYLINK!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 226-250 of 685 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 19 Sep 2011 13:56:22 BDT
Carol Haynes says:
The last point is simply not true. I suspect it depends where you live - I regularly get express deliveries via HDNL and DPD (both infinitely better than CityLink)

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Sep 2011 11:04:52 BDT
Amazon - stop using Citylink. I've had 5 separate dealings with them now and not once has my parcel actually been delivered. Their tracking inevitably states delivery has been made, and gives the name of the person who "signed" for it - always a completely unknown name - but on further investigation they claim it has been lost in transit. So, they have a record of signature, and then they don't? I'd like to know where all these "delivered but then undelivered and lost in transit" packages are. I think I have a pretty good idea. STOP USING CITYLINK.

Posted on 26 Sep 2011 16:11:24 BDT
Last edited by the author on 26 Sep 2011 16:12:15 BDT
Robin says:
26 Sep 11 - Another City Link delivery failier here! My laptop was handed to City Link on the 20 Sep 11 for delivery here on the 21 Sep 11. The tracking number has never appeared on the City Link system. The laptop has never arrived. It has most likely been stolen by a City Link employee before it was logged into their system.

Amazon - Stop using City Link

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Sep 2011 17:22:35 BDT
Hogster says:
Amazingly I got a package delivered by City Link and they banged on my door and kept on banging until I got out of bed and opened the door. Must be some kind of mutant driver - first time I had decent service from them.

Posted on 26 Sep 2011 17:42:37 BDT
Last edited by the author on 26 Sep 2011 17:46:05 BDT
Bilboles says:
Although I am not waiting for anything from Amazon being delivered by City Link, I have to tell you they are just as bad if you are waiting on anything from other companies. I use Amazon a lot, and so far everything has come through Royal Mail, if they persist in using this useless courier company, I for one will stop buying from them. City Link are trash, they waste your precious time sitting in the house waiting on them to appear with your goods when they feel like it.

Amazon PLEASE STOP USING RUBBISH CITY LINK

Posted on 28 Sep 2011 13:50:53 BDT
HarryWales says:
I just sent Amazon an email after getting caught yet again by a seller on Amazon using City Link:-

PLEASE PLEASE force your sellers to display the Courier these companies they will use - I have just been caught YET AGAIN by one of your sellers putting my item onto City Link - the UK's WORST courier (in fact calling them a courier at all is a joke - because 9 times out of 10 you will have to go to their depot to collect after their constant lies and promises). Don't you guys even read the thousands of complaints against City Link within YOUR OWN SITE?

Because of City Link I have not bought a single large item from you for many months now - I now prefer to pay other companies that will use Parcel Force - even if delivery charges are more expensive - because then I am gauranteed to get my item, within a reasonable timescale. And thousands of us in threads all over YOUR site feel the same way - so PLEASE either force sellers to display couriers so we can refuse to buy from those using City (sh*tty) Link OR stop using a courier company who has NO respect for your customers OR their property.

Just do a Google on "Amazon problems with City Link" or "Amazon users complain about City Link " or similar - this issue is ALL OVER Google - you should be ashamed that you have not done anything about this issue by now!

PS - a copy of this is going straight into the many threads on your site so other people who have been abused by City Link after ordering from Amazon can read it too...

Posted on 28 Sep 2011 14:54:00 BDT
HarryWales says:
Just got the bog-standard Amazon reply - in exactly the identical wording to the other replies I have had in the past from them on the same issue of City Link - just shows they really do NOT give a damn...

So I have just sent them this - because their standard reply asked for feedback:

"As usual you are still ignoring the BIGGEST problem being reported by Amazon users - CITY LINK

Don't you guys ever use Google to see how Amazon is being portrayed - there are THOUSANDS of complaints regarding Amazon using City Link for their customer's valuable orders - and then the costomers getting the usual City Link runaround - i.e. a "next day" delivery using City Link takes 4-10 days in South Wales - which is NOT acceptable - Parcel Force would get it there next morning before 12:30 - and we would ALL be HAPPY to pay extra for quality delivery service - which we are simply NOT getting when you use City Link - so stop ignoring the issue - do some research on Google and see how bad it is - THEN do something about it."

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Sep 2011 16:58:26 BDT
Carol Haynes says:
The trouble is the decisions are made by management and they simply go for the cheapest bunch on monkeys (actually that's an insult to monkeys!).

It is abundantly clear that customer services generally do their best but what starts out as complaints by customers never get to register with the people at Amazon who actually make decisions. They don't even listen to their own staff, let alone customers.

I would hate to be on the support desk at Amazon dealing with all the frustrated customers! They are forced by the powers that be to tow the party response - even to the point of sending out boilerplate answers.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Sep 2011 17:15:30 BDT
Last edited by the author on 28 Sep 2011 17:16:38 BDT
HarryWales says:
Yes - they simply don't seem to care that they are having thousands of complaints, all about the same Courier (Courier is really a misnomer for City Link - as more often than not you have to go to them to get your parcel because they only ever pretend to deliver)

Personally I think it may be time to take some kind of action - perhaps a full-on 1 month embargo on Amazon - i.e. if we all bought everything elsewhere for one month - they might notice the difference - especially if we all each listed our new purchases and the place we bought them from within this forum - and emailed Amazon each time we added a new item... worth a thought - because this is getting us nowhere - and now City Link know they can do as they please, Amazon's "next day" service is now taking 5-10 days to get to me if it ends up with City Link - and I am sick of it.

Posted on 28 Sep 2011 17:18:02 BDT
Last edited by the author on 28 Sep 2011 17:19:03 BDT
HarryWales says:
BTW - I bought FOUR items on Friday just gone from Amazon - 2 arrived Saturday, one arrived Monday, but the 4th is on City Link and so is, according to City Link, still "in their system somewhere" now it is Wednesday evening, 5 days on - which is just a joke, and I bet I won't get it this week

Posted on 28 Sep 2011 17:26:06 BDT
John Rimmer says:
BBC's Watchdog has a web page for you to contact them if you have a story for them (http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/) If everyone who had a problem with City Link registered via this link using the "online purchasing" for the subject it might ge their attention.

Posted on 30 Sep 2011 12:52:08 BDT
Alchemist says:
Another City link delivery failure here in Hampshire. I will atempt to collect myself from their depo (20 miles away). Wish me luck!

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Sep 2011 13:04:24 BDT
Last edited by the author on 30 Sep 2011 13:05:16 BDT
HarryWales says:
I got my delivery!!!

Took City Link 6 days - and Amazon charged me 7.99 for "next day" - but at least this time it DID arrive.

Due to Amazon insisting on keeping City Link I have not bought any large items from them this year (have spent over 2k elsewhere, such as EBuyer & Play.com) which is Amazon's loss for ignoring my many complaints about City Link.

But now I am going to take it one step further and buy NOTHING frfom Amazon at all - for 3 months.
If we all did the same for 3 months Amazon would notice the difference and then might do something about City Link and the many complaints about City Link which they have been ignoring for many many months now.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Sep 2011 20:40:05 BDT
Bilboles says:
Totally agree mate, I think we should start a boycott of Amazon (who I really like dealing with under normal circumstances), until they ditch city link, I have now had to get the company I was dealing with to re-send the gear by Parcel Force, at least I will get it this time!

Posted on 1 Oct 2011 21:06:38 BDT
Gaz says:
I have had it up to here with City Link. I have lost count of the number of times they have failed to deliver and lied about leaving a card cos no one was in to sign. I like Amazon but detest City Link so maybe the only thing to do is to stay away from Amazon until they dump City Link. If enough people do this, maybe things will change.

Posted on 1 Oct 2011 21:11:04 BDT
Woody says:
Citylink have failed once again to deliver my order, the usual story about ' no one was in and card left'. Lies lies lies!! Let's get Amazon to STOP using this useless bunch!!!

Posted on 11 Oct 2011 10:12:39 BDT
I'm shocked at how terrible the citilink delivery service is, we got carded but they didnt ring the doorbell, my wife opened the door to see the guy driving off in the van - customer sevices must be massively understaffed as it takes a 10 minutes plus to get through to them and they are very unhelpful once you do.. it definitely wasnt worth paying the extra for a speedy delivery

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Oct 2011 01:52:46 BDT
Agency Jim says:
Come on give hdnl a go...oops, what about Hermes...oops, parcelforce...too expensive..., the post office...

Posted on 25 Oct 2011 15:55:44 BDT
A. Forro says:
I agree. I have always had problems with them. Phantom deliveries with no card left.

Posted on 29 Oct 2011 15:48:30 BDT
I've had the same phantom delivery problem myself today. I contacted both amazon and citylink to complain, but I'm afraid I'll have to wait until Monday to see what will happen next. I'm considering cancelling my amazon prime subscription

Posted on 30 Oct 2011 19:54:13 GMT
HarryWales says:
Amazon Prime - rhymes with "waste of time"

Posted on 10 Nov 2011 11:06:03 GMT
Thomas Fox says:
City link are the worst company ever. I live in York and my local depo is in Northallerton [35 miles away]. I paid for a guaranteed Nextday AM delivery and it never turned up at all, apparently the driver turned up at 11am and no one answered the door, which is a lie. I like in a cud de sack and I'd have seen a big van in the street, also there was no card left either. They said they will deliver the following day and guess what, they was "Unable to locate property" the 2nd time, HA. I had to drive to collect it on the 3rd day [ a 70 mile round trip and guess what? It wasn't even there it had been returned to sender. Sort it out Amazon.

If you want my advice, ditch city-link and HDNL they are destroying your reputation. What's wrong with the good old royal mail?

Posted on 11 Nov 2011 07:18:08 GMT
hobbit says:
Is citylink then Amazon's sister organization! then why don't they give a s****? If I would know few days before I would not order my phone. According to them it should be delivered on 10th Nov, but on tracking page it showing it is still in their bloody network. Guys I am promising, I won't buy even pack of cotton-bud from there anymore.

Posted on 11 Nov 2011 15:22:29 GMT
hobbit says:
I am at a loss now. My parcel has not arrived yet. I rang citylink, they suggested me to ring amazon. but in citylink web clearly it is in their network. I checked amazon also. shipment took place on 9th Nov to Milton keyne depot from Germany (bought it from amazon.de). Now they are telling me to contact amazon and hanged up phone. bunch of idiot working there i guess

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Nov 2011 15:37:37 GMT
Last edited by the author on 11 Nov 2011 15:40:46 GMT
R. Haylock says:
If you order from a non-English speaking Amazon company you are taking a risk if you can't speak the language of that company. You should know CityLink customer services not exactly a customer service!
‹ Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 28 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  452
Total posts:  685
Initial post:  2 Aug 2010
Latest post:  6 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 43 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Sony PLAYSTATION 3 Console (80 GB Model)
Sony PLAYSTATION 3 Console (80 GB Model) by Sony (PlayStation 3)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (157)