High Powered Pest Device – Rat and Mouse
This high-powered professional unit is designed for use in large room environments such as pubs, offices, restaurants and hotels. Using ultrasonic and electro-magnetic technology to repel rodents, it has basically the same functions as the PestBye Whole House Rat and Mouse Repeller, but has a much more powerful ultrasonic capability. It is equipped with three settings, including two powerful ultrasound settings.
How does it work?
Unlike many other repellers on the market the High Powered Pest Device – Rat and Mouse combines both ultrasonic and electro-magnetic technology. Ultrasound is a loud noise at a high frequency: it's too high for humans and domestic pets to hear, but is thought to be audible to most rodents. We imagine that, for a mouse, it's like having a smoke alarm going off constantly. Whenever electricity passes through a wire, an electromagnetic field is created: it has been suggested that electromagnetic fields create an environment where rodents are less likely to nest. Rodents are likely to move away from a house where they cannot nest.
How quickly does it work?
We hope that most problems will disappear within a few days. However, if the rodents have already built a nest in your house, they are unlikely to desert their young until they are old enough to move. Fortunately, rodents mature quickly and the babies will be fully grown within a month. If you suspect that there is a nest in your house it may be worth using traps as well, but remember that traps alone do not provide a long-term solution to your problem (see Why not just use traps and poison?)
How can I make sure I get the rodents out really quickly?
Combine 2 or more devices with traps and/or single room-by-room ultrasonic devices.
What about my pets and children?
Our Rat and Mouse pest repellers have not been found to affect cats, dogs, birds, reptiles, amphibians or children. The device may affect rodent pets such as gerbils, hamsters or chinchillas. If you do have such a pet, it's advisable to rehouse them while the device is switched on - either outside/in a shed (at least 2m away from any wiring connected to the house) or with a friend or neighbour.
Where should I plug it in?
Either in the kitchen or alternatively where you see most rodent activity.
Why not just use traps or poison?
Traditional methods leave a lot to be desired. Poison is a danger to children, pets and wildlife. The rodents die in your walls and ceilings leaving a bad smell and a dangerous hygiene problem. However, by far the biggest weakness of traps and poisons is that they very rarely provide a long term solution to your problem: as soon as you've killed a mouse or rat, you've created a vacancy for another one to move into your house. Because they breed so fast, it's very difficult to achieve a permanent solution using the expensive methods offered by your local council or pest controller: if you've had rats or mice once, the chances are that more of the beasts will frequently be sniffing around your property looking for a nice place to live. If you leave traps or poison, you're also leaving highly-scented bait that will attract more rodents in.
Is it really safe?
Our Rat and Mouse pest repellers will not affect any electrical equipment like computers or burglar alarms.
Please note: this device is not suitable for outdoor use.