Format: Paperback|Change

on 1 October 2013
I love this book. I work with young children who often have problems with Personal Space and this book is a regular part of the therapy plan. There is a workbook that goes with it that is also. I love the pictures and the story, but most of all I love Lewis. Great book, great resource and one of my favourites.
on 15 March 2015
very useful when working with younger children
on 28 February 2014
I love this book! I used it over a couple of days at school, implementing three suggested activities to reinforce personal space. The kids made their own space mats for the carpet and my favourite was the walking rope, where I tied bits of coloured wool to a long rope to practice walking in a straight line up in the corridors as well as lining up in the classroom. Did get a few strange faces from other teachers as we walked up and down the corridor, but the book/activity definitely made a difference to the children's understanding. I have now bought about half of Julia Cook's books. Beware that as an American counsellor/writer the book does contain some Americanisms, so best shared with a class, rather than children reading the text directly.
on 12 January 2016
OK for general ADHD but some types of personal space are not covered.
on 22 August 2015
Used for PHSE accreditation worked so well
on 24 March 2015