- Click HERE for more information on how to use PERSONA.
- Visit the Family Planning Store to see the full range of pregnancy tests, ovulation tests, pregnancy vitamins and more.
- Visit the Sex & Sensuality Store to explore the full range of sex toys including vibrators, dildos, love dolls, bondage gear and more, from brands such as LoveHoney, Tracey Cox and Fleshlight. We stock a full range of safer sex products, including condoms and lubricants.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
Personal Contraception Monitor refills kit - 8 test sticks
|Price:||£10.70 (£1.34 / each) FREE UK delivery.|
|You Save:||£4.29 (29%)|
- Persona Contraception Test Sticks
- Works in harmony with your body
- Most suitable for women in stable relationships who intend to have children at some time in the future
- A natural and non-invasive method of contraception
- 94% Reliable when used according to instructions and as the only method of contraception
- Easy to use
There is a newer version of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Unless expressly indicated otherwise, Amazon.co.uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on this site. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented on our website. Please always read labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming the product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
PERSONA is a method of contraception that works in harmony with your body.It works by monitoring the changes in hormones (luteinising hormone and estrogen) which control your cycle and identifies the days when you are at significant risk of becoming pregnant.
PERSONA consists of Test Sticks and a hand-held Monitor.
The Test Sticks collect hormones from your first urine of the day and process them into information that the Monitor can read.
The Monitor reads, stores and uses the information from the Test Sticks to let you know whether you are at risk of becoming pregnant (Red Day) or free to make love without a contraceptive* (Green Day).
Through its coloured Lights and Display Screen your Monitor tells you your contraceptive status.
How does PERSONA work?
PERSONA works by monitoring the hormones that directly control your cycle.
The levels of these natural chemical 'messages' rise and fall as they regulate the various stages of your cycle. This makes it possible to identify the days around ovulation when you are at significant risk of becoming pregnant.*
The Test Sticks collect hormones from your first urine of the day and process them into information that can be read by the Monitor. The Monitor then reads, stores and uses this information to let you know whether you are at risk of becoming pregnant ('Red' Day) or free to make love without a contraceptive* ('Green' Day).
The egg usually only survives for up to a day, however it is possible for sperm to survive for several days inside your body around the time of ovulation. PERSONA takes into account both egg and sperm survival times.*
During the first month of use, PERSONA will ask for 16 tests (day 6 and days 9-23) in order to build up a complete picture of your individual cycle as quickly as possible. From then on it will only ask for a test on 8 days of each cycle.
*Based on independent trials, PERSONA is 94% reliable when used according to the instructions and as the only method of contraception. This means that if 100 women use PERSONA for one year, 6 are expected to become pregnant as a result of sex on a 'Green' Day due to PERSONA incorrectly identifying their fertile days.
- 8 x Test sticks
- 1 x Instructions
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
It's a great solution if, like me, you cannot use other methods such as The Pill.
It is totally natural and makes you far more aware of your cycle.
I agree with everything the previous reviewer has said but would also add;
- stick with it for at least 6 months while the device 'learns' your cycle. You get a lot of 'red days' when you first start using it and it feels a bit frustrating, but once you've been using it regularly and correctly, the red days come down to about 5 per month.
- if you have very erratic cycles or very short/very long cycles, it may not be for you as it can only cope with a certain level of variation (but it's still a pretty wide tolerance).
- yep, travelling with it can be a pain, especially if you're changing time zones. Tip: Keep a few of those sterile sample bottles (from your GP) so you can collect the first urine of the day but store it for the when you get the 'amber light' which is a specfic 6 hr time window (that you choose). Obviously this course of action is generally only necessary on the odd occasion... before I put you off!
I think this system is marvellous and regularly recommend it (should the topic arise!). It's nicknamed the 'catholic mating machine' in our house! :o)
Not so sure about using it as contraceptive as there are a lot of red days (when you have to abstain from sex) but if you are looking for a natural method then this is OK. It is a lot of messing about, remembering to check your monitor every morning and having to wee in a container if you wake up too early - all of which you don't mind if you are trying for a baby, but to do it as part of a daily routine, just so you know if you can have sex seems, perhaps, more hassle that it's worth.
For tracking ovulation though, it is a big winner. Apparently it is cheaper than the Clearblue ovulation kit - which is marketed for women trying to conceive and therefore is priced at a premium (desperate women spend more money!) although it is made by the same company and does exactly the same thing.
Also, it takes a couple of months to get more green days, so be ready to use extra contraception if you want to decrease your chances of pregnancy
I have been using the Persona system for several years and it does work. Like several of the other reviewers I am unable to take The Pill for medical reasons. As other reviews also state, you have to stick with it for the first few months when there are quite a lot of 'red days', but the number soon reduces significantly.
I am not a person with a perfectly regular cycle - I vary between 27 days and 31 days most of the time (with very occasional 33 day or 26 day cycles, but Persona still assesses my fertility accurately - The number of tests requested each month give Persona sufficient information without making testing too much of a bind (although it takes a bit of getting used to).
Do not worry if the ovulation symbol does not appear every month. It doesn't for lots of ladies. When it does not appear there are usually a few more 'red days', that's all.
I would recommend this product to any lady in a long-term, stable relationship.
Thank you Amazon. Buying my test sticks from you has saved me a lot of money!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Reliable, I buy it regularly and very happy with the offer tooPublished 9 months ago by Sonia Sedda
As long as you don't mind the possibility of falling into the 6% unreliable zone then this product is great for couples who like the natural and unhindered approach. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Rachel
Look for similar items by category
- Health & Personal Care > Health & Personal Care: Amazon Global Delivery Available
- Health & Personal Care > Medical Supplies & Equipment > Diagnostics & Health Monitors > Tests > Menopause Tests
- Health & Personal Care > Medication & Remedies > Sexual Health & Family Planning > Pregnancy Tests
- Health & Personal Care > Sex & Sensuality > Safer Sex & Contraception
- Home & Garden > Home & Garden