on 18 March 2006
Very disappointing. I brought this book after seeing one of David Rock's New York sales seminars. The seminar was relatively entertaining, but the book is unfortunately not! Although giving some useful tips on goal setting, this is yet another simplistic "step-by-step" life coaching book, which promises far more that it delivers.
I also found the author's claim to be the person who invented "Life Coaching" and "Workplace Coaching" to be patronising and highly derogatory to the real pioneers of the coaching movement such a the late and great Thomas Lenard. Save your money
on 18 March 2006
Very disappointing. I brought this book after being see one of David Rock's New York sales seminars. The seminar was relatively entertaining (although not that entertaining as I did not sign up for any of his courses!) but the book is unfortunately not! Although giving some useful tips on basic goal setting, this is yet another simplistic "step-by-step" life coaching book, light-weight with no substance and which promises far more that it delivers.
The book ends with another sales pitch about how the reader can train to be a life coach with Rock's comanpy. I thought I'd paid for a book, not a sales pitich.
I also found the author's claim to be the person who invented "Life Coaching" and "Workplace Coaching" to be very patronising and derogatory to the real pioneers of the coaching movement such a the late and great Thomas Lenard. Save your money.