- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Check out big titles at small prices with our Chart Offers in DVD & Blu-ray. Find more great prices in our Top Offers Store.
- Note: Blu-ray discs are in a high definition format and need to be played on a Blu-ray player.
- Important Information on Firmware Updates: Having trouble with your Blu-ray disc player? Will certain discs just not play? You may need to update the firmware inside your player. Click here to learn more.
Other Sellers on Amazon
Performing This Week - Live At Ronnie Scott'S [BLU-RAY DVD] 
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
1) Beck’s Bolero 2) Eternity’s Breath 3) Stratus 4) Cause We’ve Ended As Lovers 5) Behind The Veil 6) You Never Know 7) Nadia 8) Blast From The East 9) Led Boots 10) Angel (Footsteps) 11) People Get Ready - with JOSS STONE 12) Scatterbrain 13) Goodbye Pork Pie Hat / Brush With The Blues 14) Space Boogie 15) Blanket – with IMOGEN HEAP 16) Big Block 17) A Day In The Life 18) Little Brown Bird – with ERIC CLAPTON 19) You Need Love – with ERIC CLAPTON 20) Rollin’ And Tumblin’ – with IMOGEN HEAP 21) Where Were You
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
To crib the review which appeared in Jazzwise, this series of performances is "an absolutely jaw-dropping display of the most exciting, imaginative and inspirational jazz-rock guitar witnessed in years".
Beck actually makes Eric Clapton, who features on two of the numbers, appear plodding and derivative. He almost caresses his guitar in a seemingly endless display of virtuosity. And what a band! Every one a master/mistress of their instrument. The expressions on the faces of the audience in Ronnie Scotts tell their own story: a mixture of awe and disbelief. When the likes of Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and Brian May turn up for a gig, you know it's going to be worth a look!
This series of performances, captured on DVD in the best audio and video quality that modern technology allow, is so good that it is almost out of this world: buy it or miss out!
Don't get me wrong, `the guvnor' makes a couple of `mistakes' along the journey on this album. But what he plays is so deft, intricate and full of nuances that it doesn't matter one jot.
Actually, I'm being a bit unfair on him.
Just listen to his rendition of Nitin Sawhney's `Nadia'. He makes his Stratocaster speak to you emotionally. It's simply beautiful. Finger-picking, bottle-necking, using the heel of his hand to work the bridge as well as the whammy-bar.
An iconic version of The Beatles `A Day in the Life' is worth the price alone. To say nothing of the final track `Where were you'. Which having seen him play this live, is done almost purely with harmonics and whammy-bar as his fingers seem to just hover over the fret-board without touching the strings.
A really tight band around him doesn't hurt either. 22 year old Australian bass prodigy Tal Wilkenfeld. Rock steady drummer Vinnie Colaiuta and keyboard player Jason Rebello help to make this the best live album I've ever heard.
Simply put. A must have album if you'd like to hear a master of his instrument.
If you play yourself though, it'll just make you feel sick, because of the consummate ease and lack of effort this bloke seems to put into achieving sounds that other players can only dream of.
It helps of course if you have a fantastic band. Becks here is absolutely top notch whether you are talking Rock or Jazz. Vinnie Colaiuta is on drums. He's played with Chick Corea, Joni Mitchell, Frank Zappa to name but a few. Technically one hell of a drummer. Tal Wilkenfeld is less well known, but building a great reputation as a bass player. Finally on keyboards is Jason Rebello, one of the UK's finest Jazz Pianists. Lets not forget one of the best rock guitarists of course Jeff Beck.
With the reputation of Jeff's backing musicians you might be thinking this isn't for you - long jazz solos etc. Well don't worry, there are long solos but Jeff Beck plays them, with all his usual inventivness. The other musicians get the occasional moment (well they did on the edited version I saw) but mainly provide a a great foundation for Jeff Beck.
The guests add some variety, and the rare chance to see Eric Clapton with Jeff Beck playing the blues is worth the price of the DVD alone. I shall be ordering my copy very soon!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Such a great DVD with beautiful audio. It's also lovely that it is so long, there's plenty on here for many many repeat viewings.Published 6 months ago by Dan Coffey
I bought the triple vinyl LP recently and was informed that a DVDs of the concert was available. Checking on Amazon I saw that there was also a Blu Ray available too. Read morePublished 7 months ago by Mr. J. Storr
I have listened to Jeff Beck on and off, for many years. I am now an absolute fan. Most of this program has been shown on Sky Arts channel but, I had to buy it to keep...... Read morePublished 8 months ago by William Johnson
My favourite music related dvd. Superb musicianship on all fronts. Pure enjoyment.Published 8 months ago by Rúni Jákupsson
Amazing band in a beautifully intimate setting, well worth gettingPublished 8 months ago by Brighton shopper
This product's forum
Search Customer Discussions