Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 October 2003
A very exciting book. I trained as a dramatherapist and worked as an outdoor pursuits instructor and performed as a dancer. This book effectively and quite rightly brings all these elements within the scope of one idea. It encompasses performance in sport or in business as easily as it explores getting married as a rite of passage and performance ritual and theatre and acting as sub categories of performance. With most of our everyday activities in virtual or real worlds now witnessed and the re-emergence of reality TV as the new colosseum through which we are all made Nero this will become more than a college course book. A timely publication.
Chapter Headings:- What is performance studies? What is performance? Ritual.
Play. Performativity. Performing. Performance process. Global and intercultural performance.
on 7 November 2014
This book will be the death of me! Studying BA hons in Drama and this book as been my bible for Reading Performance - It covers so many practitioners and theories.

If you are writing an essay on any performance theory - This is the one to use!
on 11 August 2014
This book was vital for my dissertation, having had to return the previous one back to my university library I thought it best to buy my own copy. With the addition of the website this book began the key source to my dissertation
on 13 October 2013
you saved my life, coz i lost my text book and i have to do some reading for homework. :P
on 21 January 2003
The book is a thorough process of yesterdays and todays stage. It shows many practitioners, old and new, with many developed theories! A must for all theatre students, it is now my bible.
on 13 February 2016