on 15 October 2012
I love mints. In fact I love them so much I have been ordered by my doctor to go onto sugar free (bit of a weight issue if i'm honest). I have a problem with most sugar free mints they tend to have an artificial flavour to them and sometimes they have no mint in them! Peppersmith mints are different They are made with xylitol a sweetner made from sugar (technically speaking it is a sugar alcohol) they also have a good dollop of mint in them but not so much as they cause mouth burn. You get twelve packs which if you are sensible should last you a while. This brings me to perhaps the only problems with them. You have to be careful how many you eat. Too many and you get the dreaded "Laxative effect". It's not happened to me, but then a pack lasts a few days. In general more than a pack a day of sugar free mints is a bad idea. All in all an excellent everyday mint. Pop one of the pleasingly shaped packs in your pocket and you have seversl days of minty fresh goodness. Reccomended.
on 29 April 2012
I really like these mints - the taste is just perfect. The only down side is they are a bit on the expensive side (and I eat them too quickly because I like them so much!).
on 16 August 2014
Nice packets of little mints that leave ones mouth clean but keep very dry in a very dry place. Keep away from dogs.
on 5 March 2013
The mints have a strong, natural taste and the ingredients are natural, but the mints are small in size and definitely do not last long.
on 5 September 2011
Finally some sugar free mints without nasty aspartame in them. I love these mints, they have a really great fresh taste and are good for your teeth too .. result! The packaging is also super stylish. Highly recommended!
on 19 May 2014
Item arrived very quickly in perfect condition. Mints are very refreshing, good strong peppermint taste, not too sweet, sugar free and in compact box very handy to keep in even the smallest handbag/pocket.
on 13 October 2015
Refreshing mints that are good for your teeth! My dentist recommended these and I always keep a few in my pocket at work because they freshen the mouth and leave no aftertaste. Some may find them a little TOO strong - almost bitter - but they certainly wake you up! I love the lemon ones too - if these are too strong a mint, then try the lemon which are much milder.
on 2 November 2015
I have a sweet tooth, there's no denying it. I've spent countless hours and thousands of pounds at the dentists having fillings/root canals/extractions and now implants as a result of my predilection for sugar based food and sweets. I first found out about Xylitol after watching a programme on TV about how the Swedish give it to all their school kids and how it helps prevent cavities and the like. I wish I'd know about it 30 years ago, as I might have been able to prevent some of the damage I've done to my teeth!

OK, so maybe I'm overstating it a bit, but I feel as though in the four months since I bought these I've had a few less issues, but more importantly they have almost completely replaced all the other sugar free mints I go through at a rate of knots in the car, and they taste amazing to boot! I don't seem to have suffered any of the nasty side effects normally associated with artificial sweeteners either, so can regularly get through the day without tooting all over the place.

Thanks Peppersmith!
on 9 July 2015
I tracked these down after watching the new programme (part of a C4 series) on Superfoods. This particular episode looked into the benefits of the natural tree/blant-based sweetener xylitol and with the whole family (my husband and I along with my 7 and 3 year old) loving mints, and hearing how for years now Finnish schools have been handing out xylitol to children in primary schools for its oral health properties (and ear and sinus health) it was worth a go...

Although I can't say as yet how they are benefiting our oral health, these mints are really nice in their own right and easy to have a couple after meals or snacks to help do their magic. Only time will tell if they're making a difference but for now at least I'm a happy mummy knowing they're sugar-free but without harmful aspartame.
on 3 December 2013
Refreshing, sweet, and good for your teeth. I like the retro inspired packaging. It' s good to take when traveling or have handy in your handbag or jacket pocket.

See one answered question