on 31 December 2014
I'm not going to be able to give you a thorough breakdown of what the various notes are in this, but I can tell you that it smells sensational.

My current favourite scent is Viktor & Rolf's Antidote, and this isn't dissimilar, albeit with less of a medicinal edge and more of an earthy dry down.

The only disappointment for a fragrance at this price point is that the superbly classy bottle is topped by a loose fitting,flimsy plastic lid. It gets the job done I suppose and looks fine on the shelf, so no marks deducted for that.
on 17 July 2013
This really is an amazing fragrance. i have over 25 including Creed Aventus, Serge Lutens etc etc and this is up there with them. very beautiful. I'm not able to describe what it smells like, but i have had numerous positive comments from females and males. Worth the money.
Well, I am a bit of a dandy and like to wear fine scent every day. My current favourite is Grey Vetiver by Tom Ford which is an excellent scent that literally lasts all day. The ingredients in that scent are so powerful they stay on the skin for hours on end.

This is my first Penhaligons product and have been stunned by it. The ingredient list is clearly world class in quality, this scent is similar to the Tom Ford in that it lasts all day.

The packaging is nice, nothing too fancy, a nice grey box that quietly but proudly announces the scent. The bottle looks very old school, think flat miniature whiskey bottle, the stopper looks like the top of a dabber but no, it pop off to reveal an atomizer.

A few squirts of this is all you need and the smell quickly settles down to something that is warm and hearty.

I am not one for blurb and waffle but the scent is said to contain notes of oakmoss, tonka bean, violet leaf and honey. Not sure what all that means but the violet is definitely there. Weirdly, although violet is something I would equate to a female scent, this stuff is very masculine and something has been thrown in the mix that has turned the violet into something very earthy and manly.

I am absolutely delighted with this scent, it is something a little removed from the usual High Street clamour, it is interesting, earthy, heady and totally masculine.

A fantastic product that touches on heritage and modernism without resorting to bizarre quirks to stand out from the crowd.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 5 June 2015
This is a seriously complex and wonderful scent. It tends towards more woody and musky notes making it best suited for evening ware, however no one is going to be knocked over if you wear it during the day. I have noticed that one me at least, this is a very long lasting fragrance, but experience tells me that these things vary from person to person. I was lucky enough to get this as a lightning deal as the normal price is quite steep - one to look out for on duty free next time I go abroad.
A very masculine fragrance, which is spicy/citrus in the bottle and more earthy tones on the skin, particularly after it has warmed up for a few minutes. An interesting blend of smells, slightly on the heavy (but pleasant) side. It is presented in a traditional bottle and is attractively boxed ready to be gifted.

This is a scent that is included in the Penhaligon's Scent Library, which has a selection of ten different fragrance samples that enable you to try before you buy. I am wary of buying perfume on line after a bad experience in the past when I took a punt on a scent I had never smelled and ultimately didn't like. An expensive mistake, not to be repeated thanks to the sample I tested before making this purchase.
on 5 January 2016
I didn't buy this size but did get some smaller sample sizes from another site about 2 years ago forgot i had them until recently tried this scent today going out later so will see what results it gets but i love the smell of it and would buy again.
on 6 December 2014
Husband loves this, it smells wonderful because of the tonka bean. Everyone loves the smell
on 9 January 2015
Scent is unique and Very elegant. Best out of the men's line from the house. Ideally for autumn/ winter.
Disappointingly I personally find longevity is poor; becomes a skin scent within 2-3 hours and all gone by 5 hours.
on 17 February 2016
Lovely scent , but plastic top is a bit of a let down for a luxury prodouct.
on 7 August 2015
This has the most beautiful smell. Everything I expected.