on 2 June 2014
This is a great fountain pen if you want a compact Piston filler, it has smooth slightly springy nib that will offer a little bit of line variation to your writing with pressure. It is comparable to the offerings from the other notable pen brands such as Parker, Sheaffer, Lamy, Cross etc if not better.

A few things to note the pen is rather light weight (14 grams) so if you'd prefer a heavier pen look into the M215 series of pens that have a metal overlay which adds a little more weight to the barrel. It is important to also note if the pen is purchased the from amazon you will receive it in a small card tube rather than a gift box (I wasn't fussed by this as I was buying the pen for myself), however I would suggest contacting the seller before making a purchase if this pen is intended as a gift.

Overall a good pen however it would have been nice if it came in a gift box.
on 19 December 2014
The pen itself is very good. I have another one with a medium nib. I wanted to try a fine one, so I bought this one to also have as a spare, as I use this pen as an everyday pen.

The fine nib is quite smooth for a fine one. It is relatively dry, but not more than most fine nibs are and this is expected. The ink flow is pretty good despite the nib being on the dry side. The fact that it's relatively dry makes it ideal for on the go quick notes and everyday general use. Things can get messy with a medium or broader nib if you're not careful. This is a very good value for money pen overall. The piston mechanism of Pelikan is one of the best I've ever used. For the price point, it's the ideal pen to carry around without worrying too much. The pen is rather on the small side, but with the cap attached on the back it is very well balanced and very comfortable to write with (for me). I don't have particularly large hands.

I recommend this pen to anyone, it is one of the best out there for the price. Minus one star because the listing does not state that the pen does not come in its gift box. It's no real problem for me, as I have many to store pens in, but I would have liked to get its gift-box in case I want to gift it sometime later. It should be stated clearly in the ad that the pen comes with the small carton box and not the gift box.
on 16 July 2014
Nice pen overall

Smooth nib with a bit of spring. I made it into a flex nib so i can say that the feed is superb, it can handle about a sentence of full flex (very good for a modern pen)
The clip is stiff but not unusable.
on 8 January 2015
The nib is a lot better than I expected. Incredibly smooth for a stainless steel nib.

The pen is advertised as "small" but it is a great size both posted and un-posted and has good balance when writing.

Written over 40 pages of notes in preparation for my exams and the pen hasn't let me down once. It writes more like a medium but that doesn't cause any issues. There is a good flow of ink and the piston filler mechanism works very well. The ink window also lets you know how much ink is remaining in the pen.

I strongly recommend anybody looking for a fountain pen to purchase the M200.
on 13 August 2015
These are such great pens I bought 2 - one for work, one for home. They are a "beatiful write", fine nib so great milage (a refill goes a very long way) but not scratchy. Nice balance, feel in the hand. I have had one with a medium nib for ages and these pens actually are far nicer to write with than some considerably more expensive pens that I have.
on 7 June 2014
The only thing I'm going to say about this pen is that the fine nib was too fine, very dry and not for me.
So I exchanged it, which means I must have liked this pen.
See my review on the medium nib version that I exchanged it for.
on 13 August 2013
i already have a Pelikan 600 which writes very well with no problems now for 4 years, after my dissapoitment with a Parker i opte for this. Already tried it with a fine nib- would definately recommend
on 24 October 2014
Beautiful pen - this is the small brother of the larger M800 / M600. Beautiful writer - excellent ink flow. Delighted with this.
on 23 December 2014
The smoothest pen I have ever used