Format: PaperbackChange

on 10 October 2014
This book is such a joy. I shouldn't admit it but I think I like it even more than my daughter does! There's three things I look for in a children's book - something fun and catchy to read aloud, something interactive for the child to do while you read, and something that won't take ages. This book ticks all three boxes perfectly. The rhymes are fun and cute and a joy to read aloud, the holes in the book allow your child to pretend to peck with his or her finger, and it only takes a couple of minutes to read. It's a brilliant, joyous book and thoroughly recommended.
on 7 October 2013
Clever, well illustrated, and about a Dad. I rate it alongside the very hungry caterpillar as a children's classic. It has some naughtiness, and much affection on it
on 8 October 2014
A marvellous rhyming story with deceptively simple illustrations. I read it to my grand-daughter tonight.... Then again...and one last time. Nice that is the little boy and Daddy woodpecker in this story. So often it is just mummy!
As he becomes better and better at pecking, there are more and more holes to stick little fingers through, and lots of vocabulary building as the child recognises the pecked objects. A lovely happy ending as the tired little woodpecker settles down in his nest, and Daddy kiss-kiss-kisses him to sleep. I suspect that this is one we will soon know by heart.
Really recommended.
on 12 April 2014
Bright, bold colourful illustrations with a full page of picture on the right and a full page of big text on the left. The story of a baby woodpecker finding his peck, by pecking holes in everything.
on 28 August 2014
We love this book so much we had to buy our own copy, after borrowing from the library for the 5th time running. It is just hilarious, and always has us in stitches. The holes through the pages reinforce the pecking theme and make it even more funny to small children. It is also nice to have a Dad featured in a story book too.
on 30 June 2014
Love reading this book to my 3 year old <3 <3 Originally borrowed a copy from the library but we've decided its going to be a classic so now we have our own copy!
on 19 September 2014
Nice because it's a little girl and daddy book for a change, but only lasted for a few weeks on the interest factor.
on 19 September 2014
My friend's daughter LOVES this book. She is 1 year old.
on 6 August 2014
Great book, our 15 month old daughter loves it. So do we!
on 13 April 2015
Big hit with my grand daughter (18 months old) who is fascinated by the holes! A funny, simple story with a good rhythm which can be read and enjoyed time and again. Bright colours and nicely drawn illustrations. Good for this age group.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse