Customer Discussions > Creative ZEN 8GB MP3 Player forum

Pc won't recognise my Zen

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 18 May 2008 13:48:25 BDT
I'm using winxp service pack 2 software.
When the Zen is connected to the pc the pc says no device is connected!
I haven't got a clue how to fix this niggling problem so am unable to use my Zen.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jun 2008 20:13:39 BDT
I had exactly the same problem. I also had other problems with this model and ended up sending it back to Amazon. Check the Ceative Website as the company have issued several 'fixes' for this model.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jul 2008 22:23:41 BDT
I have been unable to use my Zen for similar reasons to those mentioned above. I successfully loaded the software which comes with the player including connecting the Zen as instructed. That's where the problem stated. An add new hardware wizard appeared. I ran it but it ended with the message that there was a problem and the hardware could not be installed. A Found Hardware balloon then appeared to be followed by the add hard ware wizard. Cancelling that just leads to the same circle of events happening again and again until the Zen is disconnected. Looking at the Forums it appears that there is a firmware issue possibly exacerbated by a recent upgrade to Windows XP's Service Pack 3. But it looks as though this has been around for sometime and surely Creative/Amazon should not still be shipping players with this defective firmware. There may be fixes an experienced techie could employ but I don't feel like risking them in case something goes wrong and my PC suffers a fatal crash. And after paying nearly £70 I expect a product that works out of the box.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Jul 2008 19:16:23 BDT
J. Nicholls says:
So has anyone who's had this problem actually managed to resolve it??? I've just got my Zen and I'm having this problem....

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Sep 2008 17:30:55 BDT
Try the Zen forum on anythingbutipod. I have seen the question on there with solutions.

Posted on 24 Apr 2009 04:11:05 BDT
It's a pity that Creative are so tied to Windows, and yet they can't get something like this right.

Posted on 5 May 2009 03:37:31 BDT
I am having abit of a problem. Ever since i have moved house i can't find my instalation cd. My hard-drive crashed a few weeks ago and i had to get everything re-installed. I was all set to do this but couldn't find the damned cd. Does anyone have any ideas as to where i can get another one other than buying a new player.

Posted on 5 May 2009 03:38:45 BDT
I am having abit of a problem. Ever since i have moved house i can't find my instalation cd. My hard-drive crashed a few weeks ago and i had to get everything re-installed. I was all set to do this but couldn't find the damned cd. Does anyone have any ideas as to where i can get another one other than buying a new player.

Posted on 3 Dec 2009 16:01:05 GMT
I have the same problem,it seems that no one as ever solved this,i have a zen mx player and i to have moved lost cd installer and my computer crashed so now my pc won`t recognise my player,i wish someone would come up with the solution,tried creative zen but they say that you have to get in touch with them who made this device but they are in usa can`t send email or get in touch with don`t know address can anyone help please
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  18 May 2008
Latest post:  3 Dec 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Creative ZEN 16GB MP3 Player
Creative ZEN 16GB MP3 Player by Creative
3.8 out of 5 stars   (103)