- Boxed-product Weight: 141 g
- Delivery Destinations: Visit the Delivery Destinations Help page to see where this item can be delivered.
Find out more about our Delivery Rates and Returns Policy
- Item model number: 300010619
- ASIN: B00KTWSDYO
- Date first available at Amazon.co.uk: 3 Jun. 2014
- Average Customer Review: 4.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (19 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 22,891 in Electronics (See Top 100 in Electronics)
EE Pay As You Go Buzzard Car Wi-Fi with 2GB 4GEE Data
|You Save:||£33.87 (56%)|
- One For The Road - Car WiFi is a 4GEE mobile WiFi device that makes car journeys more fun and entertaining for everyone you're travelling with. Designed specifically to be used in the car, van or caravan, it plugs into your 12 volt power socket which means it'll never run out of power and you don't need to remember to recharge it.
- Plenty For Everyone - The EE Car WiFi supports up to 10 WiFi enabled devices at once (like tablets and laptops), so everyone in the car can go online at the same time. Which means that while you're using Google maps to navigate, Mum can check her Facebook newsfeed while junior watches Teletubbies.
- We've Got You Covered - 4GEE is the UK's biggest 4G network. Our engineers have already delivered coverage to 281 towns and cities, covering over 75% of the UK population, and they're working flat out to make sure we roll out 4GEE to the rest of the UK too.
- Pre-loaded with 2GB 4GEE data, which lasts for 30 days from activation. No contract, no commitment.
- Neat - Cup-holder sized container for convenient and tidy storage
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
With this device you can forget the days of "are we nearly there yet?" Simply plug this device into your vehicle's USB port or cigarette lighter socket, search for the EE Car WiFi network, enter the password and enjoy the journey. Up to 10 devices can be connected to the Car WiFi network at any time.
1x EE Car WiFi Retail Package contains:
Car 12V Bullet Charger
4GEE Hotspot Device
Quick Start Guide with Activation Instructions
'Keep Me' Card
Safety Information Leaflet
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Great product, very happy with my purchase.
The speed has been more than good. I have tried it at work and download/upload have been over 20Mbps on Ookla. Others have connected to it in my car and had few problems using it (even on long journeys). It vary rarely seems to lose signal. I have even setup my mobile phone to play online radio on journeys and its so much better than if I was doing this using my mobile's connection, which drops out frequently.
It even improves if I'm using my phone's satnav.
All in all well pleased with this product.
One thing of note. This takes a standard sim (which comes with it), so if you decide to replace it when it runs out you may well end up getting the smaller kind, so you will need an adapter, which I found was no problem and worked first time.
The device supplied is labelled as a Huawei E8278. I've used it powered from a USB charger, a USB battery pack and the supplied 12V car socket to USB adaptor.
Within the EE 4G coverage area I've been very impressed. Speedtest results of more than 10Mb/s down and 5Mb/s up or considerably more. All in all, excellent on 4G.
In "the sticks" it falls back to the T-Mobile 3G network (if available) and obviously isn't as fast as 4G.
I bought it with a supplied 2GB SIM but I've used it with a 3 month 6GB EE SIM (available from Amazon).
Even if the "in car" use is of no interest, I recommend it as a 4G Mi-Fi type device.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
rubbish design it snapped off and is now useless, waste of money poor design.Published 10 days ago by mark gawthorne
Why bother. My Sony has WiFi hotspot built in so this negates buying an extra gadget. You have to pay each month for data and data does not rollover if you don't use all of it. Read morePublished 7 months ago by LJMM
Mine didn't work, invalid SIM, EE were no help at all, they relieved me of £20 to activate the SIM then told me the item was faulty. Read morePublished 9 months ago by John Paterson
Haven't tried it with more than one or two mobiles/tablets etc. . Really handy when you spend a lot of time in the car.Published 10 months ago by Pauline Harle