Most helpful critical review
16 of 18 people found the following review helpful
No where near 50L - only 26L!
on 1 June 2012
This is an excellent bag in terms of design and quality, but it is no where near 50 liters. The compartments are all simple rectilinear shapes, so it's relatively easy to measure the dimensions of the individual compartments (fully expanded) and calculate the total volume. By doing this, I found it to be just over 26 liters - almost half what is claimed! I'm aware that rucksacks are usually advertised as being a bit bigger than they actually are, but I feel this is going too far. I wondered if they'd sent me the 30L model by mistake, but according to the global dimensions they give in the product description, this must be the "50L" bag.
If the bag volume was accurately described I would have no hesitation in giving this 5 stars.
- Belt is detachable. I think this is great, as I would only want the belt on long walks. It detaches easily and can be stowed inside the bag.
- Construction quality is good.
- Main compartment opens up like clam shell.
- Plenty of pockets inside for organising items.
- There are two 'main' compartments, so you could have one for laptop, and one for after-work gym session gear.
- Compression straps can be used to make the bag look very small.
- There are actually two pockets which could be used for a water bladder - one directly behind the back padding and one inside the large main compartment. I've never seen this on a ruck sack before.
- No where near as big as stated.